Viking between Christmas and New Years

We will be boarding New Zealand to Australia between Christmas and New Years, spending New Years in New Zealand. Will we expect to see the ship still decorated for Christmas, and what festivities should we expect out of the norm? Anyone have any information on that? I'm guessing décor wise it's fairly similar no matter which ship you are on.

We will be boarding New Zealand to Australia between Christmas and New Years, spending New Years in New Zealand. Will we expect to see the ship still decorated for Christmas, and what festivities should we expect out of the norm? Anyone have any information on that? I'm guessing décor wise it's fairly similar no matter which ship you are on.
Viking roughly follows the Twelve Days of Christmas, meaning that unlike some cruise lines, they don't rush to take down the holiday decorations on December 26th. The Explorer Loung is particularly beautiful with the fir garlands festooning the windows. And the stars hanging from the atrium ceiling are wonderful. Those I wish they would leave up year round!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

We were on the Viking Star for the December 21, 2017 Mediterranean Explorations cruise, this was a b2b which was marketed and sold as a single 14 day cruise and we were onboard for both Christmas and New Years.

Decorations...On our cruise the vast majority of the Christmas decorations which greeted us upon our arrival remained in place until we departed on January 4th. The only decor item that was removed on December 28th (the first day of the second leg) was the fairly significant gingerbread display which was at the bottom of the stairs in the Atrium. I assume that it was removed to clear the area for the New Year's Eve celebrations.The area was then decorated on New Year's Eve with tons of balloons and a 2018 banner for that night's celebrations.

9b5360a7bca4b97116257bf4fd80a6eb.jpg

d6f3d1974b7d40f9dc358f0bfda0a66c.jpg

New Years...The New Year's Eve celebration was fantastic, with the Viking Band providing music along with a number of vocalist including the cruise director Jenna who has a fantastic voice.There was lots of complimentary champagne, party hats and there was dancing until 1 even though the event was scheduled to end at 12:30 as per the Viking Daily.This event was really popular to the extent that at the time we finished dinner at Manfredi's at just after 9 there was no seating in the area immediately around the Atrium on any of the decks.

On New Year's Day there was a special lunch in the Wintergarden, with brunch type offerings spread out over a number of stations, this too was well attended to the point of there being no free seating...so we sat at our regular table in the World Cafe and went back and forth to the Wintergarden for a few items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums