Drink prices

senior lady

What is your gratuity policy?

How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience, the following gratuities are automatically added to your shipboard account.

• For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $16.00 per guest, per day will be added.
  • For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $23.00 per guest, per day will be added.
  • In addition, an 18% service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while on board the vessel at their sole discretion.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

I have photos of the menus in my smugmug site

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-bnXmLm/i-xMqb2SR

If you shop around you can find a TA that will include the gratuities

drinks are on a par with most metropolitan hotel and restaurant. in the usa. If sailing in europe they are about 1//2 to 1 /4 the price paid at hotel and shore expense ( In Venice I recall hacving 2 drinks and an plate of olives and nuts for $75.00 !!!

O is not a generous pour... right to the line so that most folks getting a regular USA style pour for Martini and cocktails order doubles to get the same you would back home.

Prices all come with 18% service Beers from $6 and well liquors run 10+ High end like Grey goose, and Hendricks will run 15-21 Wine 6 to 20 a glass.

From experience, if you have a beer for lunch and 2 before dinner drinks, Throw in a glass of Cham and an after dinner port or sherry and your easily over $100+ a day even using happy hour..

Buy the prem package... in the long run you will save. Some days yes some days no, overall $60 a day is a real bargain.... What you think you will drink and what you actually end up drinking will surprise you....your on vacation and social situations may cause you to change a lot I have seen $200 easily drunk in an afternoon by the pool on sea days...

Penny wise and pound foolish Not to get the prem package the basic package is a waste of money... when for 20 a day you could do whatever, whenever

drinks are on a par with most metropolitan hotel and restaurant. in the usa. If sailing in europe they are about 1//2 to 1 /4 the price paid at hotel and shore expense ( In Venice I recall hacving 2 drinks and an plate of olives and nuts for $75.00 !!!

O is not a generous pour... right to the line so that most folks getting a regular USA style pour for Martini and cocktails order doubles to get the same you would back home.

Prices all come with 18% service Beers from $6 and well liquors run 10+ High end like Grey goose, and Hendricks will run 15-21 Wine 6 to 20 a glass.

From experience, if you have a beer for lunch and 2 before dinner drinks, Throw in a glass of Cham and an after dinner port or sherry and your easily over $100+ a day even using happy hour..

Buy the prem package... in the long run you will save. Some days yes some days no, overall $60 a day is a real bargain.... What you think you will drink and what you actually end up drinking will surprise you....your on vacation and social situations may cause you to change a lot I have seen $200 easily drunk in an afternoon by the pool on sea days...

Penny wise and pound foolish Not to get the prem package the basic package is a waste of money... when for 20 a day you could do whatever, whenever

The premium bev pkg is well worth it , we both had the pkg on Insignia when I was drinking top shelf single malts and my wife was drinking mainly champ. not a short pour any time on the cruise.

thanks everyone. They are much higher than other cruise lines.

but the price difference between just cruise and O perks included would buy a lot of drinks;)

It is not a fair comparison to compare other lines. Hey, you can get steak and lobster at Sizzler for 1/3 the price as Mortons...

thanks everyone. They are much higher than other cruise lines.

but the price difference between just cruise and O perks included would buy a lot of drinks;)

Not as many as you think...... !!! Get the package for Premium You will get a big suprise if you do not and think that your savings is going to be enough.... Many think start out that way and come to regret it.

By the way, you can start out without the package and see what actually happens, then it if you discover you do want the package you can go to reception and buy the package at almost any time during the cruise. However, once bought you can not stop it from that day on.

It is not a fair comparison to compare other lines. Hey, you can get steak and lobster at Sizzler for 1/3 the price as Mortons...

Seriously?

A mixed drink on O is that much better than on other lines?

Two posts further upthread you wrote 'O is not a generous pour'.

Do make up your mind.

Seriously?

A mixed drink on O is that much better than on other lines?

Two posts further upthread you wrote 'O is not a generous pour'.

Do make up your mind.

DO get your facts straight I did not say a mixed drink on O is much better than other lines I said they they dont do generous pours and that their prices are in line with most metro hotels and restaurants .

Nobody mentioned the daily Happy Hour when its two drinks for the price of one. Always nice for a pre-dinner drink.

I was given a happy hour cocktail by barman/waitress who didn't realise I was on premium package. Now it may well have been a genuine mistake in how it was made but it bore little resemblance to the same drink I'd have 30 minutes before. Maybe it was a genuine error but the ones I have on the package were better.;)

I was given a happy hour cocktail by barman/waitress who didn't realise I was on premium package. Now it may well have been a genuine mistake in how it was made but it bore little resemblance to the same drink I'd have 30 minutes before. Maybe it was a genuine error but the ones I have on the package were better.;)

The only difference we noticed between HH drinks & non HH is the Martinis sizes

DH usually has G & T they are the same all day even at HH

I have wine it is the same amount each time

That has been our experience

The only difference we noticed between HH drinks & non HH is the Martinis sizes

DH usually has G & T they are the same all day even at HH

I have wine it is the same amount each time

That has been our experience

I can only put it down to a mistake. I normally have the premium package so can't comment on HH drinks. It was awful though, Big O martinis are usually lovely, this one was insipid. A minor problem though!:D

Welcome to the world, of reality, Hotels Bars, Restaurants other cruise lines, all practice this for happy hour and "drink of the day" promotions... its not Just Oceania

The promotion is to get you into the bar and comfortable with it and make you so comfortable that you will come for future ones and stay after.

It i s against a business bar to offer a discounted product that is the equal to better than their regular. the majority People who come to happy hour come not for quantity, 2 for 1 for the most part and are more there for the bargain . To take advantage of the bar and at the same time the bar is looking to take advantage of you...

I avoid Happy hours on land and sea....its a madhouse of bargain hunters.

Oceania has a "drink of the day" (published in "Currents") and two for one at cocktail hour and yes, their drinks are priced at high end, just as their wines - generally, the old motto of you get what you paid for - in totality - can be applied. There are always other and cheaper lines

I think the price perception is a function of where you live and what they charge in your local area. To me in California they are very average priced on O.. What I expect to pay where I live.

Having done the premium package twice, and the by the drink once, what I can say is the wine pours are definitely larger with the premium package. Can’t tell any other difference. Pours are probably larger to save the waiter from having to refill so often.