Zuiderdam - which cabin which location?

sooboo

We are travelling to Alaska next May on the Zuiderdam and have yet to decide which cabin and location. This is where I need your help!

We are new to cruising so don't know if there is a certain deck/side of ship etc that you should plump for. We are wanting a cabin with balcony so I guess we are looking at the 'V' class. Any help you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks

Some cruisers think you should have a certain side of the ship. I think you need to get a panoramic view of Alaska from the top decks. Also in May it will be quite cool on the veranda. The temperature might be in 60's but the water will still be cool and the breeze will cool the air on the verandah. We had an upgrade to 8021 on the Navigation deck on this ship and had no complaints. Even close to the elevators you barely hear the noise and there isn't much night life on that floor.Of course, one never knows what the weather and seas will be like. We always dress in layers.

• 9 years later...
Some cruisers think you should have a certain side of the ship. I think you need to get a panoramic view of Alaska from the top decks. Also in May it will be quite cool on the veranda. The temperature might be in 60's but the water will still be cool and the breeze will cool the air on the verandah. We had an upgrade to 8021 on the Navigation deck on this ship and had no complaints. Even close to the elevators you barely hear the noise and there isn't much night life on that floor.Of course, one never knows what the weather and seas will be like. We always dress in layers.

Ha! We're booked in 8021 for Canada cruise Oct 3. Being by elevators has always been quiet and handy.

Most would say mid ship (smoother ride) with cabins above and below (quieter). Not above the showroom or lounges and not under the food prep areas or the Lido. There is a site online if you google HAL and FACTS that shows pictures and gives other inside information from experienced cruisers. I like aft staterooms also for ease of accessing the dining room and Lido.

We have two favorite cabins on the Zuiderdam (my favorite ship). They are on deck 6 and are VA6082 and 6091. They're right next to the outside elevator, which you cannot hear, and gives you neighbors only on one side. There are also cabins above and below you so it is very quiet.

Helen