FULL PAYMENT NEEDED NOW for July 2019 for Zuiderdam.????

Oceansaway17

Okay what is up with limited offer for July 2019 on Zuiderdam to Iceland and Norway.

They won't let you put a deposit but only FULL PAYMENT.

I am really HAL. come one. I will wait for Disney new releases then if this is the game.

Any one have issues with HAL wanted full payment and a year in advance? Is this a partial charter in some way

sign me very annoyed:mad:

I just tried booking the July 5 cruise (through my TA). I could book with only a deposit.

What date are you looking at?

I was trying for July 29 2019. seems like it is a Limited offer. I know they just released these dates but really full payment up front.

Does the fine print indicate that it is a non-refundable fare?

Usually only Deposits are non refundable.

This is the first I have heard of a FULL payment needed because it is non refundable.

HAL is very much out of line with other cruises. I have many reservations spread out on various lines and I have NEVER SEEN a so called non refundable disguised as a FULL payment.. They total skip of the deposit and go right to full payment and for July 2019.

They don't do this with Alaska or Caribbean but are doing it for Northern Europe.

HAL will lose out if they continue this.

Or dare say all cruising is going to be full payment in advance no exceptions.

Let us see how long this lasts across the industry.

I've never heard of payment in full at this time out no matter where the itinerary is. And we have done Northern Europe and actually doing a bit of it again.

I was intrigued so went to look and do a couple of dummy bookings.

Nothing about it having to be paid in full now, just the standard deposit.

Unless it is some very special offer that is dirt cheap that I missed, there should be no reason to have to pay in full. I might be missing the boat, though, but I did look ;)

I've never heard of payment in full at this time out no matter where the itinerary is. And we have done Northern Europe and actually doing a bit of it again.

I was intrigued so went to look and do a couple of dummy bookings.

Nothing about it having to be paid in full now, just the standard deposit.

Unless it is some very special offer that is dirt cheap that I missed, there should be no reason to have to pay in full. I might be missing the boat, though, but I did look ;)

AW okay and glad you agree but wondering how you got it to say std deposit. I will monitor the Zuiderdam to Iceland/Norway and since the July 2019 were just released, I will check back to see it they are done playing games. It does appear to be mostly Northern Europe that is the issue too. :p

Are you doing this online or speaking with a HAL agent? If online, is this the actual HAL site or some third party?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On line and logged in with membership number. I even tried other weeks.

But the Zuiderdam for July 2019 to Iceland wants FULL payment only.

No need for that in my book. EVER.

Also I called and the agent was rattling their headphone and mumbled so bad I could not understand and had to hang up.

two things now are a turnoff today with HAL:mad:

I was just pricing a southern Caribbean itinerary on Koningsdam for March 2019 and it wanted to make me pay in full or allow a "courtesy hold." I was pretty disgusted so didn't check how long the hold was for. I didn't think the pricing was dirt cheap at all. In fact, it seemed a little pricey, but it was for 11 days, which we have never done before.

I ran into the same thing with a test booking today. Different cruise though.... for September. Either their booking system has some glitches or they really are requesting full fare! PCC says to check back in the 2nd (or was it 3rd?) week of April for new pricing.

AW okay and glad you agree but wondering how you got it to say std deposit. I will monitor the Zuiderdam to Iceland/Norway and since the July 2019 were just released, I will check back to see it they are done playing games. It does appear to be mostly Northern Europe that is the issue too. :p

I am not sure what country you are from (in case it is not the US or Canada) and if that would make a difference, but..

I have found the HAL website being strange at times and best just to close and go back later. Everything seemed normal when I went in and standard.

Now, the other day, I went to check my itinerary to confirm my specialty dining, OBC, etc. and it said I had NOTHING booked. 0ne hour later it was all there. sheesh!

Definitely taking my email confirmations with me ;):loudcry:

I priced the first segment of our upcoming collector cruise for a family member last week. I priced it again today. It was about $600 less per person but payment in full WAS required at time of booking. This is for the Prinsendam in Sept/18. One has to go through a fake booking to see the fine print. When I chose We Choose Your Room, and then click on the Limited Time Offer link, it says that payment in full is required at time of booking and that the entire payment is nonrefundable unless one also purchases a HAL CPP plan (it also says that the cost of the CPP is not refundable). I called the family member to warn them in case they were thinking of booking (they're not).

OP, I would just wait until this "promotion" is over and then try again.

For a lark, I checked our Sep18 collector cruise and this current promotion does not include the collector cruise but it is applicable on the first segment as noted in my prior post. Then I checked my Sep/19 cruise - for a saving of $125 per person, I could pay in full now. I think not!

Sorry, but this is crazy. The current price on my cruise is exactly the same as three days ago, but now it is a ‘special offer’ to be paid in full now and non refundable! What bean counter at HAL dreamed this one up?

Interesting - but there is one piece of information that seems left out: is the fare which they want paid in full an attractive one? If it is something that looks good, it is worth considering. If you do not think it a good deal, walk away.

But , if you do walk away, it would be interesting to keep an eye on how the prices move between now and sailing - if the prices drop, you can compliment yourself for your discretion; but you should also be willing to kick yourself if they only go up.

Interesting - but there is one piece of information that seems left out: is the fare which they want paid in full an attractive one?

For me, no. I already have a down payment on the one I checked. I would have lost the OBC's, pre-paid gratuities, and EXC discount.

For them to be in 'effect' forcing people to buy CPP, they automatically lose many bookigs, IMO> Anyone on Medicare or has medical insurance that does not pay outside their country, is obliged to purchase travel insurance which provides adequate medical bill coverage in case of accident or illness cpp PAYS A JOKE $10,000. THat is next to nothing. That will mean those poeple have to buy a third party policy and pay premiums for t wo different policies form two sources in order to have medical coverage. Bye, by,e HAL

Gee, HAL really thought this through well.

Edited by sail7seas

Perhaps HAL is trying a test run of a new pricing strategy - they may not like letting people lock in a low price for a cruise and then come back for a reduction if slow sales means price cuts are necessary, while keeping the low price if unexpected demand permits price increases.

Of course, passengers would like having their options open, but it should not be hard to understand the line wanting to get the best deal from its point of view.

As a passenger of course I would like to have it both ways, but I have to understand that the line will have a different view of what is the "best" price for a cabin on a given itinerary.

Seeing, that

in reality, they will be forcing people to purchase CPP. MAYBE they'lll make it a better policy and incude a meaningful l amount of medical coverage in the polciy,

Of course, I forgot the obvious,,,,, this new scheme is all for the convnenience of their 'guests'. Right? :D LOL

Edited by sail7seas

On line and logged in with membership number. I even tried other weeks.

But the Zuiderdam for July 2019 to Iceland wants FULL payment only.

No need for that in my book. EVER.

Also I called and the agent was rattling their headphone and mumbled so bad I could not understand and had to hang up.

two things now are a turnoff today with HAL:mad:

Hi Oceansaway,

I just called HAL, the fare that you are getting is a snap fare that is NON-refundable and payment is due in full at the time of booking, however you can pay an increase fare (I was just quoted an additional $150:00 in cruise fare price and the cruise is refundable and payment not due in full). Personally always best to talk to HAL directly and ask if there are any options, I am stuck also right now I can get a non-refundable cruise to be paid in full right now $600.00 per person less, I opted to pay a higher rate per person to give me more options. I actually find the process which HAL is doing is the same with hotel stays, airline tickets, I can always get a better rate if I want to lock in with Hotels or flights, but if I want to be able to cancel or change I have to pay a higher rate. My flight in September I booked is $680.00 non refundable, any changes $200.00 fee, if I opted for fully refundable the price I was quoted was $2,500.00. Try again with HAL and ask for a refundable price.

Seeing, that

in reality, they will be forcing people to purchase CPP. MAYBE they'lll make it a better policy and incude a meaningful l amount of medical coverage in the polciy,

Of course, I forgot the obvious,,,,, this new scheme is all for the convnenience of their 'guests'. Right? :D LOL

It is helpful to remember that cruise lines' business plans are more focused on profit for the line than on inexpensive sailing for their guests, and that those two goals are somewhat opposed.

I am somewhat surprised by the occasional post which seems to reflect the opinion that the lines are unfair in pursuing their goals.