What Happens on a Back tonBack Cruise?

Eglesbrech

We are looking at potentially booking a cruise straight after one already booked. We phoned Fred to ask if they did any discount on a second cruise (as other lines do) to which the answer was a very blunt and abrupt no.

We did also want to ask about the procedures for back to back but given the lack of enthusiasm and help from the person on the phone I thought I would probably get more assistance here.

So what do they do if you are on a second cruise. Do you get a new card from reception during the first voyage, can you go off and come back on via the crew entrance, do you have to attend a second muster drill etc. Any information would be helpful.

I did a back to back cruise last year. It was very straightforward, even though I had to change cabins. I got a new card from reception and they asked me to change cabins I think between 10 and 11 a.m. They sent someone to put all the clothes from the wardrobes on to rails and take them to the new cabin and they moved my suitcases. Then I was free to go ashore for the day.There was lunch available if you wanted it. I didn't have to pay my bill until after the second cruise. If you are in the same cabin I think you get a card that covers both cruises and you are free to come and go as you wish. It was all very hassle-free

I can confirm what Li-Shan has said. We did a back to back a few years ago on the Black Watch and it was completely seamless. The staff packed everything up for us and transferred it to the new cabin. At that time I think we had to obtain new cabin cards from reception.

you will be exempt from a second muster drill but might still need your card scanned to say you are there. A letter will be placed in your cabin explaining what is required.
You will need to attend second muster if you have changed cabin as possibility is it will be different lifeboat.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk