Pros and Cons of Cabin C1057 on the Zuiderdam

sandyss

We have been assigned this cabin due to our Rotterdam cruise being switched to the Zuiderdam.

It is an adjoining cabin and could be under BB Kings, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have experience with this cabin? I am mainly concerned with possible noise issues.

Thanks.

Has anyone experienced noise in Adjoining OV cabins from the adjoining cabin?

On all the Vista and Signature ships I have had a variety of inside cabins along that starboard passageway, primarily the half closer to mid-ship. Several of them have been connecting cabins, since there are many cabins for four connecting to cabins for two (for kids and parents to have access to each other).

I have heard noise from one cabin, one time. That woman was having a major melt-down, and was getting loudly hysterical. But that is the only time I have ever heard a thing between the doors. Remember, there are two solid doors between the cabins, and they make for decent soundproofing.

Thanks again Ruth C. You have answered both of my questions. We have always chosen non-connecting cabins, but this time the cabin was chosen for us. It sounds like we will be okay and not bothered by noise.

• 2 months later...

I am booked in stateroom 1045C on the Zuiderdam, and have the same concerns. I see that BB King's Blues Club is on Deck 2, and I am concerned that the music will drift through and be a problem at night. I just spoke with an agent at HAL on the phone, and she also thought it could be an issue. I have a connecting room, and I was worried about noise from the adjoining stateroom coming through, but I have read enough posts about that, and am feeling more confident that the double doors make it close to soundproof. But, the music club above me bothers me. I have till the end of today to book this. Any feedback? This will be my 2nd cruise. Thank you!

Thank you for the report on those cabins on the main deck. We have tried several times to book 1053, but have received upgrades everytime, so we still don't know what the inside of one of those cabins look like, except from photos.