Infinite Verandas - Who Knew?

vtcruising

I tend to peak out early in the am to see if we have arrived or what the weather looks like. Will just have to be surprised... I do worry that if people consistently bend the edge of the shade to look out... that they will damage the shade over time... and it will no longer be consistently dark. Mixed feelings about dark cabin...on one hand I do sleep better in total darkness... on the other hand, I don't want to sleep away the days.... I can do that at home.... I just am excited to try something new... While there is comfort in routine... it can be refreshing to shake things up.. We do get in a habit on ship... go to trivia at 10:15, .... etc. This ship will be different.. so will try to go with flow and perhaps the new 'routine' will be better than the old. I do think I will pack a sleep mask should that become an issue.

I think you are right about a track... one of the photos from a similar trial cabin on the Connie... looke like it ran in a track. I just hope the storage space is there. Not as much of a concern for 7 day cruise, but when they get longer it is nice to have space. I really liked the space above the bed on the S class ships. Perhaps the closet has more shelving in it and less space dedicated to long gowns.

I do rise before my DH and like to go out on the balcony to read and check email so can see the potential issue (if not figured out before the first cruises, I would think they would put up some curtains soon after the backlash).

I don't get up early to greet the sun, but do like some caffeine.

enhance

Wonder how much coffee with this little extra will cost?

I was looking at this picture and noticed the shades in the IVs in various positions and one with the shade folded in the corner. I'm not sure if these are the final shades, but doubt they would put temporary shades on all of those windows?

enhance

All that glass will make for a nice seated view and hopefully make up for the closed sides.. I am bringing some temp stickers to help us avoid walking into it..

Just noticed there is a ceiling light...that will be handy,

.......... I am bringing some temp stickers to help us avoid walking into it,

Usually someone bumps into a closed glass door because they think it’s open and are trying to walk through it. There’s no ‘floor’ or anything beyond the glass to walk out onto.

I’d suggest yoy save the stickers for home.

Den

It’s not any higher than normal balcony’s - it’s more my mum is small!

Wendy

I see!

I like the design. I will give it a try over the traditional balcony.

Does anyone know if the ocean view cabins on deck 6 also have openable windows? I am assuming not but they dont look different from outside.

I see!

I like the design. I will give it a try over the traditional balcony.

Does anyone know if the ocean view cabins on deck 6 also have openable windows? I am assuming not but they dont look different from outside.

No, they do not open, according to the description: "Mid-ship ceiling to floor panoramic window (does not open)"

Usually someone bumps into a closed glass door because they think it’s open and are trying to walk through it. There’s no ‘floor’ or anything beyond the glass to walk out onto.

Den

Very True...but I like to know where the cabin ends...I like the old style balcs better but not any choice in AQ...so we'll give it a try.

Very True...but I like to know where the cabin ends...I like the old style balcs better but not any choice in AQ...so we'll give it a try.

Fully understand, but I’m willing to give it a go and see, may end up loving it. I like the idea of a entire SR being ‘part’ of the IV balcony, but will see if the setup of a 1/2 the window-wall moving down and not having the sides and top also more open.

With this setup, we may find ourselves with 3 classes we have reasons to go on cruise with:

M-Class - the inside spa pool with warm saltwater and lovely ‘water-lounge’ with bubbles!

S-Class - the great decor, and the great buffet set up.

E-Class - the classy IV’s, and who knows, all that new design of the MC and Eden.

All subjective, but fun to think about.

Den

Den

I guess you could walk into the ocean!

I think we would use the open IV window only on port arrivals/departures and sight seeing opportunities. The rest of the time it will be closed to save a/c or heat. I can't see the cabin window open in the middle of Paradise Bay in Antarctica for hours. When we were there it was 13F with a wind. I doubt this ship would ever go there, but there are times in late Fall when Alaska or Scandinavian countries get pretty frosty.

As far the shades, an eye mask solves the problem for us.

Quick Question and I may have missed this aspect of the IV on the forum, with the doors opened leading out to the verandah, can the front glass be lowered as well or is it one way or the other?

TIA & bon voyage

Quick Question and I may have missed this aspect of the IV on the forum, with the doors opened leading out to the verandah, can the front glass be lowered as well or is it one way or the other?

TIA & bon voyage

Yes, you will be able to have the balcony window down while the bifold doors are open (I think that is what you were asking :D). We have talked about whether it would affect the AC, but have been told it will not be an issue.

The two guys in this video do that at one point.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/infinite-verandas/#208018183

There are many choices with an IV as far as I can see - very versatile!

-can use balcony with bifold doors closed and window up (like a separate sunroom)

-cabin 23% larger by opening the bifold doors and keeping window up (one big room)

-can use the balcony with window down and bifold doors open (cabin and balcony space connected)

-can use balcony with window down and bifold doors shut (cabin and balcony space separated)

Can't wait to see one!

Yes, you will be able to have the balcony window down while the bifold doors are open (I think that is what you were asking :D). We have talked about whether it would affect the AC, but have been told it will not be an issue.

The two guys in this video do that at one point.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/infinite-verandas/#208018183

There are many choices with an IV as far as I can see - very versatile!

-can use balcony with bifold doors closed and window up (like a separate sunroom)

-cabin 23% larger by opening the bifold doors and keeping window up (one big room)

-can use the balcony with window down and bifold doors open (cabin and balcony space connected)

-can use balcony with window down and bifold doors shut (cabin and balcony space separated)

Can't wait to see one!

v - thank you for the information!

I nominate you as the 'Official' Information Officer for The Edge along with Lloyd as the 'Official' photographer/photo co-ordinator of The Edge...

Between the two (2) of you, what more information can we not know or get? :p

bon voyage

This made me laugh. We were on Connie recently and most days we could hear the wind whistling though the cabin as if someone had got their balcony door open. We often wondered who it was.

On our last day we discovered that the cabin next to us was the 'trial' IV cabin on Connie.

You never know, perhaps they were the culprits - trying out their new cabin :-)

This made me laugh. We were on Connie recently and most days we could hear the wind whistling though the cabin as if someone had got their balcony door open. We often wondered who it was.

On our last day we discovered that the cabin next to us was the 'trial' IV cabin on Connie.

We were in that stateroom in July - honestly we never heard the wind whistling through the cabin unless we had the main door open - no different than a normal stateroom!

Wendy

I have wondered about this potential issue....whooshing noise happens quite a bit when folks leave reg balc doors open..The whistling whooshing noise goes through the hallway and affects other cabins. Often difficult to locate the source!

Very annoying...somewhat abated by putting sev towels or a quilt up against your door...only way to get some sleep..

Hope not an EDGE issue!

We were in that stateroom in July - honestly we never heard the wind whistling through the cabin unless we had the main door open - no different than a normal stateroom!

Wendy

Only joking - we spent the cruise wondering who it was that had the balcony door open and then when we saw that the IV cabin was next to us we blamed that (light heartedly). We are in one next year so can't criticise too much ;-)