Celebrity Customer Care Reps

MamasNomad

I have frequently read positive comments about Celebrity Cruise customer care reps supporting travelers from the UK. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Celebrity Cruise rep based in the US? The person currently assigned to us for an Alaska cruisetour is not responsive at all. I’ve been waiting 4 days for a return phone call 😡. In speaking with him in the past I always feel like I’m bothering him.

Admin- please delete if my post is not allowed.

I have frequently read positive comments about Celebrity Cruise customer care reps supporting travelers from the UK. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Celebrity Cruise rep based in the US? The person currently assigned to us for an Alaska cruisetour is not responsive at all. I’ve been waiting 4 days for a return phone call 😡. In speaking with him in the past I always feel like I’m bothering him.

Admin- please delete if my post is not allowed.

I finally asked to talk to someone in the president's office and got an email from them immediately.

It is against the rules of CC to mention specific travel agents or agencies. The reps at X are basically travel agents.

Steve

However I have read quite a few CC posts that name Celebrity reps in the UK that have been very helpful. That’s why I posted my question here as well as welcomed the admins to delete if I am breaking the rules.

Why don't you move the reservation to a non-Celebrity TA instead? You also do not have to wait for a return call from this Celebrity person. Anyone there should be able to answer questions about your reservation. What are you trying to accomplish with waiting for a specific person?

Why don't you move the reservation to a non-Celebrity TA instead? You also do not have to wait for a return call from this Celebrity person. Anyone there should be able to answer questions about your reservation. What are you trying to accomplish with waiting for a specific person?

After booking our cruisetour while onboard another cruise our reservation was assigned to a Celebrity Vacation Planner. When I call any other number at Celebrity they always transfer me to my “assigned” vacation planner. That’s “what I’m trying to accomplish with waiting for a specific person”

Regarding non-Celebrity TA, have tried 3 different TAs with disappointing results.

Guess I just don’t have luck with travel agents of any kind.

I do not like that I'm assigned someone. I just call and speak to the person who answers the phone. I've never been told I have to speak to my assigned person. And If they are indeed "travel agents" why do they not give me any kind of perks?

I also don't like TA's, I like having control over my own reservation.

I have never been "assigned" to a Celebrity Vacation Planner. Sure, the original planner's name shows on my invoice, but when I call I just speak the first available planner with no problem.

HAL does tend to assign a planner, who gets to know you a bit better. Even there, If I need something right away, Someone else is glad to help.

I called Captains Club and explained my situation. They apologized for the lack of response from my assigned vacation planner. I was put on a brief hold and then transferred to a very helpful person in Celebrity’s reservation service dept (don’t think I have the dept name quite right but it was close). I was given a different phone number to call if I have any further questions on my reservation, need to make any adjustments to my reservation, etc. I was told I no longer need to interact with the assigned vacation planner.

I know some will comment that I should have just called Captains Club originally however when I have tried that in the past they have always insisted I work with/through the vacation planner.

Happy to have this resolved finally. Thanks to all who provided comments and suggestions.

I called Captains Club and explained my situation. They apologized for the lack of response from my assigned vacation planner. I was put on a brief hold and then transferred to a very helpful person in Celebrity’s reservation service dept (don’t think I have the dept name quite right but it was close). I was given a different phone number to call if I have any further questions on my reservation, need to make any adjustments to my reservation, etc. I was told I no longer need to interact with the assigned vacation planner.

I know some will comment that I should have just called Captains Club originally however when I have tried that in the past they have always insisted I work with/through the vacation planner.

Happy to have this resolved finally. Thanks to all who provided comments and suggestions.

Glad to know that you have a satisfactory resolution!

bon voyage

I do not like that I'm assigned someone. I just call and speak to the person who answers the phone. I've never been told I have to speak to my assigned person. And If they are indeed "travel agents" why do they not give me any kind of perks?

I also don't like TA's, I like having control over my own reservation.

They can give you perks. They've even matched what we could get in cash back with a big box store travel agent. Granted, they match it in non-refundable OBC.

But I think the best perk is we email our person and she takes care of our request promptly. No waiting on hold.

They can give you perks. They've even matched what we could get in cash back with a big box store travel agent. Granted, they match it in non-refundable OBC.

But I think the best perk is we email our person and she takes care of our request promptly. No waiting on hold.

Nonrefundable obc has no value to us, give us the refundable or even a gift card so I get what I want at a fair price. For example, we drink domestic beer. A $100 nonrefundable obc will buy us 14 beers. If I can take that $100 home, because the obc was refundable, I can buy approximately 150 beers, when I get it on sale. We spend 0 dollars on the ship, it's not that we don't have the money, it's because of the highly inflated pricing.

• 2 months later...

I have been trying to resolve what I would call False ADvertising on the part of Celebrity Cruises. Have tried to SPEAK with someone who can resolve my issue for me. It is like they dont care! Very shortsighted customer service!

11 hours ago, nanoojan said:

I have been trying to resolve what I would call False ADvertising on the part of Celebrity Cruises. Have tried to SPEAK with someone who can resolve my issue for me. It is like they dont care! Very shortsighted customer service!

Sorry to hear about your issues on this, yet if you do a search in the forum, there are many, many comments/claims about X's "False Advertising"... What is your reference point for the complaint and what is it you seek as 'compensation' for this grievance?

Have you considered taking a legal route since X will not or has not responded to your query?

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

When I was completely frustrated with a problem (too long to go into) after exhausting the normal routes without satisfaction, I googled Lisa Lutoff Perlo and contacted her office directly. I was quickly referred to a tremendously helpful, pleasant, capable person who solved the problem. It's certainly not something I'd do before exhausting all other options, but is a last resort.