Summit - a place to walk laps?

msmayor

I read a while ago that the Promenade deck of the Summit does not have a full 'loop' to walk, that one needed to walk on the jogging track on one of the upper decks.

Then I read someplace tonight that due to a 'reconfiguration' of the deck space, the jogging track is 'U' shaped and not a complete loop.

Is this true? Is there no place to just walk laps on the ship?

Deck 11 which is where the jogging track is located is not a full circle. If you look at the deck plans you will see doors (port and starboard aft) to cabins. I guess you could walk through the doors but I'm sure this is not what you want.

Deck 4 aka a promenade deck is also not an open route.

jelayne is correct. The only obvious routes are the cabin decks. If you want an unobstructed route look at decks 7,8 and 9.

Just off The Summit a few weeks ago AND I walked daily along the jogging track, it is not a circle as opposed to an oval...

11 laps equal 1 mile.

Every X ship I have been on has a jogging track which is either 'circular' by virtue of the fact it goes around, yet I consider it an oval... either works in the long run or short jog of it.

While it is possibly conceivable, it would make no sense to have a jogging track and not have it loop, circle or oval around continuously.

Yet these thoughts about the jogging track not being circular or oval persists and gets questioned from time to time. As another poster has said, one can pick a deck and walk there as well, in a climate controlled area.

While I have not had the need to look at the deck plan, I can categorically say, I do not think it will show any obstruction to the track at all, it may be hidden, but not obstructed.

bon voyage

Just off The Summit a few weeks ago AND I walked daily along the jogging track, it is not a circle as opposed to an oval...

11 laps equal 1 mile.

Every X ship I have been on has a jogging track which is either 'circular' by virtue of the fact it goes around, yet I consider it an oval... either works in the long run or short jog of it.

While it is possibly conceivable, it would make no sense to have a jogging track and not have it loop, circle or oval around continuously.

Yet these thoughts about the jogging track not being circular or oval persists and gets questioned from time to time. As another poster has said, one can pick a deck and walk there as well, in a climate controlled area.

While I have not had the need to look at the deck plan, I can categorically say, I do not think it will show any obstruction to the track at all, it may be hidden, but not obstructed.

bon voyage

11 laps to a mile - sounds like a track we did on a Carnival ship that was small. We're used to ships with an open promenade where about 3 laps = a mile. Oh well...

To the poster who suggested walking indoors...certainly an option, but one of our true joys when we cruise is an early morning walk outside to see the sea and feel the fresh air. Walking through the halls just isn't the same.

The M-class ships had a longer loop but the installation of the Deck 11 Aqua staterooms caused a break. There is still a smaller loop around the pool area on Deck 11. The old loop path down the port side is still there with a turnaround at the new staterooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums