Havana Tours - Driver/Guide or Driver plus Guide

Chetsky

We are trying to decide what tour operator to book for a "Havana by Classic car" tour. Is the driver the tour guide too or do most have a driver AND a guide?

We are not big fans of walking too far so I am leaning toward Blexie Tours right now because they will modify their tours at your request. Anyone have recommendations for tour operators or specific sights to see?

Most of the private tour operators will modify their tours, especially if you tell them in advance what you would like to see or any mobility restrictions that you may have. We contacted 4-5 companies before deciding on one and all were open to customization.

We are trying to decide what tour operator to book for a "Havana by Classic car" tour. Is the driver the tour guide too or do most have a driver AND a guide?

We are not big fans of walking too far so I am leaning toward Blexie Tours right now because they will modify their tours at your request. Anyone have recommendations for tour operators or specific sights to see?

Not sure when you are going but I have a tour booked with Blexie for May 15th. Can report back afterward. Blexie has put us with his friend, Rolando (Roly). Have read numerous great things about him and that his English is perfect.

We used Blexie just back 21 Had a great time and he is great had other people with us used some else he had they said it was great also I used him 10 am - 10 pm If you have any questions ask away

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that about half the companies use separate guides, and about half let the driver be the guide. It mostly seems to come down to the driver's (often car's owner) English proficiency. I prefer to have the driver be the guide since I have done a ton of research and I speak a little Spanish. You would have to ask this particular company what they do and ask if they'd be open to your preference if it is different. There are several reputable companies on these boards if they can't offer what you're looking for.

It seems that about half the companies use separate guides, and about half let the driver be the guide. It mostly seems to come down to the driver's (often car's owner) English proficiency. I prefer to have the driver be the guide since I have done a ton of research and I speak a little Spanish. You would have to ask this particular company what they do and ask if they'd be open to your preference if it is different. There are several reputable companies on these boards if they can't offer what you're looking for.

we had a driver and a guide for both our tours we did. The tour guide in the Chevy we took said that drivers are not allowed to talk and drive or they can get ticketed. Not sure how true that is though but both tours we did had drivers, ( who didn't say a word while driving) and a guide.

After contacting the principal companies shown on Tripadvisor we choosed havanacar.net as it was the first one to reply back.

We have been using them for a 3 hr car tour and a 3 hr walking tour- Both the driver and the guide spoke a great English and the tour itself was amazing.

They accept also payment in USD and they have a customer service in USA in case you want to contact them by phone.

I higly recommend them. A++++