Thenford Grey Grand Tour of St. Kitts

hoopslover

We had a great day on St. Kitts with Henry as our guide. We took the Grand Tour of St. Kitts and we saw so much of the island. It was a comfortable van and Henry was informative and very funny. Instead of being a preacher, we told him he could have been a comedian.

He told us about his island and we had lots of stops along the way. Romney Manor was gorgeous. The Caribelle Batik shop was interesting and had very nice goods for sale. I only wish I had bought more things as gifts as they don't have a website to order from.

We went to Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park and had time to climb to the top and look at the amazing views.

After touring we went to Shipwreck Beach for a swim and relaxation. It was very nice and there were monkeys and mongoose wandering around.

Henry was a great tour guide and we had a wonderful day on St. Kitts.

We are on Harmony of the Seas in August. Looking for things to do with kids. I like the description of your tour but wonder if it will suit our needs. We are a large group of 17 that includes 7 grandparents in their 60s, 4 parents in late 30s and early 40s, and 5 kids with youngest 1m then 3,4,8,10,11. Is this something that is doable with this group? Your advise is greatly appreciated.

We took this tour a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The only place that was physically demanding was the fortress -- if you wanted to walk up a steep walk to the high view point. However, if that was too much for somebody, there was a gentler walk to a a different hillside that one could chose.

I presume with a group of 17 you will be in a private coach or several vans. So you should be able to customize the tour to your own likely and abilities.

We are on Harmony of the Seas in August. Looking for things to do with kids. I like the description of your tour but wonder if it will suit our needs. We are a large group of 17 that includes 7 grandparents in their 60s, 4 parents in late 30s and early 40s, and 5 kids with youngest 1m then 3,4,8,10,11. Is this something that is doable with this group? Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for this post!

I was just on Thenford Grey's website. We just booked a cruise for Dec for Eastern Caribbean. St. Kitts is the port we are most excited about. I was worried about booking through the ship because I wasn't sure we'd have the time to see more then a couple things. This tour looks like it covers a lot for the time and the price is excellent.

Did you feel like you had enough time at the stops? Caribelle and Romney sound like such a neat place. But then again, so does all of St. Kitts!

Thank you so much for your review, this is exactly the same tour that I am looking to book for my Adventure cruise in December :)

How long approximately was this tour? What time did your tour start at?

Thank you so much for your review, this is exactly the same tour that I am looking to book for my Adventure cruise in December :)

My husband and I will be on that sailing as well. We are really impressed with this tour too!

We snorkeled with the Grey tours and can't recommend it highly enough. They supply the snorkel stuff and a guide. Would be great for kids who can snorkel. Basically a private adventure. One warning -- the beach was cobblestones, so suggest water shoes or if you are used to such conditions, you can navigate on bare feet. Reasonably priced, we thought.

Because nobody else had signed up for the tour when we were there, we basically had a private tour. Our guide was more than happy to accommodate any changes in timing that we wanted. If you had some strangers in your group, you'd presumably need to reach a consensus on how long to stay at each location. For us, he asked us each time how long we wanted to stay.

Marie

Thank you for this post!

I was just on Thenford Grey's website. We just booked a cruise for Dec for Eastern Caribbean. St. Kitts is the port we are most excited about. I was worried about booking through the ship because I wasn't sure we'd have the time to see more then a couple things. This tour looks like it covers a lot for the time and the price is excellent.

Did you feel like you had enough time at the stops? Caribelle and Romney sound like such a neat place. But then again, so does all of St. Kitts!

The tour started shortly after we docked -- 9:00 am. It may be different depending on when your ship docks. We were met by a company rep who walked us over to the van and guide. The tour was approx 6 hours so very thorough.

The tour started shortly after we docked -- 9:00 am. It may be different depending on when your ship docks. We were met by a company rep who walked us over to the van and guide. The tour was approx 6 hours so very thorough.

Thank you for your review and the info, much appreciated!

We were just in St. Kitts in May and decided on the Grand Tour with Thenford Grey as well based on all of the positive reviews. We were not disappointed! He narrated and educated us on all points of interest throughout the route while his nephew drove the bus. They were very professional, entertaining, friendly, and easy to understand. We were allowed sufficient time to explore at the different stops and never felt rushed. He had even personalized things as he learned that several of us couples were celebrating our anniversaries and wrote "happy anniversary" tributes on the back of his bus. I would highly recommend Thenford Grey Tours.

• 2 months later...
We were just in St. Kitts in May and decided on the Grand Tour with Thenford Grey as well based on all of the positive reviews. We were not disappointed! He narrated and educated us on all points of interest throughout the route while his nephew drove the bus. They were very professional, entertaining, friendly, and easy to understand. We were allowed sufficient time to explore at the different stops and never felt rushed. He had even personalized things as he learned that several of us couples were celebrating our anniversaries and wrote "happy anniversary" tributes on the back of his bus. I would highly recommend Thenford Grey Tours.

Headed to St. Kitts in December, was there a stop for lunch on this tour? thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Headed to St. Kitts in December, was there a stop for lunch on this tour? thanks

We just came back last Saturday and really enjoyed our tour with Thenford himself. Sorry no stop for lunch just eat breakfast before getting off the ship...you should be fine.