Someone explain the boarding time thing to me

blizzrd

Carnival seems to be strict with this policy. So you may want to stick with your boarding time they give you, unless your Diamond, Platinum, or FTTF. I just wish they would be strict with Chair hogs, and dress codes.

Again, it's check-in time - not boarding time.

Check-in time, NOT Boarding time. Please don't add to the confusion. :confused:

CC police: Do you know why I posted these post?

Alaskan Joe: :oBecause I said boarding time and not check-in time:(.

CC police: Well you seem to know what you did was wrong, so I will only give you a warning this time, but you better not let it happen again.

Alaskan Joe: I'm sorry sir, it will never happen again.

Let the record show I meant to say Check-in time NOT boarding time LOL:')

So in Miami they have 2 lines... 1 for ppl checking in during their time slot and 1 one for ppl who are not. The one for ppl who are not is much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct.

As well as one separate line for Priority, FTTF, Special Assistance and Airport Check-in guests.

Technically, nothing (except morals) is stopping anyone from taking the envelope with your keys and switching them or throwing them out.

However, that’s all they can do.

There are security measures in place to prevent a guest from using someone else’s card for purchases. For example, if someone takes your card and you haven’t boarded the ship, the card won’t have a photo associated with it so they will know it’s not that other person’s. Alternatively, if you’ve boarded the ship and someone takes your card to use your photo will come up. As soon as you enter the terminal, your picture is taken and linked to your card. No issues with that.

Also, no one can take anything from your room because none of your belongings are there until you arrive.

If the sealed envelope appears to be tampered with just let GS know.

thank u so much

So if I have 12-12:30 when I can realistically expect to be on board? How does this work and what happens when people who don’t have that time show up early?

Check in at the airport (it is at the bottom of the stairs where it says to ground transportation) That will help move you to get on in the earlier groups and gets you right into the terminal.

My experience on my Vista cruise is just how several posters have mentioned.

When I arrived, the priority/FTTF line was off in one direction and the two regular lines were in another direction. One of the regular lines was for people who arrived within their appointment time and was the one time line. The other line was for people who arrived either earlier or later than their appointment time.

My appointment time was 11:30 to 12:00. I went to the on time line. However, since it was 12:05 they told me that I could not go into the on time line because I was five minutes late, so I had to stand in the early/late line. While going through the line, I was givien a card with my boarding number. I was on the ship at 12:35. My room was ready at 1:30 and my luggage was delivered at 1:45. Not bad at all. I have found that the Vista is more organized and much more likely to enforce rules.

My experience on my Vista cruise is just how several posters have mentioned.

When I arrived, the priority/FTTF line was off in one direction and the two regular lines were in another direction. One of the regular lines was for people who arrived within their appointment time and was the one time line. The other line was for people who arrived either earlier or later than their appointment time.

My appointment time was 11:30 to 12:00. I went to the on time line. However, since it was 12:05 they told me that I could not go into the on time line because I was five minutes late, so I had to stand in the early/late line. While going through the line, I was givien a card with my boarding number. I was on the ship at 12:35. My room was ready at 1:30 and my luggage was delivered at 1:45. Not bad at all. I have found that the Vista is more organized and much more likely to enforce rules.

My experience on the Vista was the same ... we were 10 minutes early ... got put in the early/late line. We were on board within 30 minutes. Excellent check in.

I know in NO they will absolutely will not let you enter the building until your check in time. I haven't been out of Galveston since they've changed to assigned times.

My only issue with the SS cards being in mail slots ... I want a drink when I walk on board! We had to go to our room and get it first! #ohthetragedy :eek::');p

thanks, not wrong ... I was there ... and they made us go us our cards. Boarding passes do not have a folio number on them.

Guests can make purchases with the bar code on the boarding pass until they can get their Sail & Sign cards. (that barcode has your folio number and security photo linked)

Whoever told you that you needed to wait was absolutely misinformed and should have gotten you your boarding drink! [emoji484]

thanks, not wrong ... I was there ... and they made us go us our cards. Boarding passes do not have a folio number on them.

I was there as well. I have had this process twice now. At check in you are given this card which explains it. You can't get your cards if your cabin isn't ready and that defeats the purpose of doing it this way. It's to keep people out of the hallways so the RS can finish the cabins. You had a misinformed Bartender. If you would have asked another one, it would have been handled. This was from Vista.

dca99be250a3a4ab1a235fe45570f13e.jpg

I was there as well. I have had this process twice now. At check in you are given this card which explains it. You can't get your cards if your cabin isn't ready and that defeats the purpose of doing it this way. It's to keep people out of the hallways so the RS can finish the cabins. You had a misinformed Bartender. If you would have asked another one, it would have been handled. This was from Vista.

Yes they used to give out those cards. Now they give out a long rectangular colored plastic card with the boarding zone number.

I think Carnival didn’t print this important information on the back of the new cards, which is a bad idea.

Yes they used to give out those cards. Now they give out a long rectangular colored plastic card with the boarding zone number.

I think Carnival didn’t print this important information on the back of the new cards, which is a bad idea.

The boarding cards are separate from these. You turn the boarding cards in as you get ready to go up the escalator. Nothing was ever printed on the back of them. These are postcard sized things they give you along with the the map of the ship to keep.

On the NYE Vista cruise, we were not given any paper like this at check in.

On the NYE Vista cruise, we were not given any paper like this at check in.

You should have. At any rate, ever since they started the process of the cards in the cabin mailbox, you have always been able to use your boarding pass for purchases. If you needed them right away, they wouldn't have switched it up. Do you really think Carnival is going to lose money by not allowing people to buy drinks if they can't access their cards? :p. Too bad you got a bum bartender. At least now you know for next time.

The boarding cards are separate from these. You turn the boarding cards in as you get ready to go up the escalator. Nothing was ever printed on the back of them. These are postcard sized things they give you along with the the map of the ship to keep.

These were the boarding zone cards.

For general guests, these cards had their boarding zone number printed on the back side. Priority guests were given this card, but didn’t have a boarding zone number printed on the back because it’s not necessary.

They used to collect these before the boarding escalator.

They no longer use these. They now use a plastic, more-durable, rectangular card with just the boarding zone number on it.

Firemanbobswife if boarding is open for “All Guests” then they do not give the boarding zone cards downstairs in the lobby as it’s not necessary for boarding. Perhaps this is what happened to the previous poster, they probably arrived once boarding was open for all guests.

The information on the card *should* then be given verbally by the agents checking your travel documents in the lobby.

These were the boarding zone cards.

For general guests, these cards had their boarding zone number printed on the back side. Priority guests were given this card, but didn’t have a boarding zone number printed on the back because it’s not necessary.

They used to collect these before the boarding escalator.

They no longer use these. They now use a plastic, more-durable, rectangular card with just the boarding zone number on it.

I have always seen the plastic rectangle cards since way before this process became implemented that you turned in when boarding. I recall they were talking about going away from those since people were keeping them and using them over again if they had a low number. Even my friends that didn't have FTTF got the same ones as I posted. There weren't any boarding zones on the back, and they kept them. Weird. I'll look again next month when I go.

For those who asked. I was on an Royal cruise in Dec. with my daughter and grandson. Only 1 card was in the mail slot. The other 2 were in the cabin. I haven’t been on Carnival since they made the change, so not sure if they do it the same way.

For those who asked. I was on an Royal cruise in Dec. with my daughter and grandson. Only 1 card was in the mail slot. The other 2 were in the cabin. I haven’t been on Carnival since they made the change, so not sure if they do it the same way.

No. All the cards are in the envelope.

Now that I think of it, there was one time when they didn't use the cards and were writing the boarding zones on the boarding passes with green markers. That's when I heard it was because people were stashing the low zone numbers in their bags for next time and just piggy backing off of someone else's in their group that had a card.