Ask your cabin steward for ice to be delivered every evening. Then in the morning, this ice will be cold water with some cubes left, this decants into a bottle very well and you can top up from the tap. There are water machines, but you can't fill bottles from them. So fill a plastic cup (or two, depends how much is needed) and then pour this into your bottle (do this away from the machine, so you aren't in the way)

Ask your cabin steward for ice to be delivered every evening. Then in the morning, this ice will be cold water with some cubes left, this decants into a bottle very well and you can top up from the tap. There are water machines, but you can't fill bottles from them. So fill a plastic cup (or two, depends how much is needed) and then pour this into your bottle (do this away from the machine, so you aren't in the way)

On a Marella ship, I can't remember which one, the water machines had a notice saying ' do not fill empty bottles from this machine'. someone was filling a bottle and when questioned said it did not apply to them because their bottle was not empty when they started - honest :eek:

On Discovery2 in the Caribbean the 'cold' water in the cabin was very warm. It cooled down on reaching Europe but I would think in the summer Med it will be warm again This was deck 6 and there was no water machines on this deck I saw one outside the ladies toilet on deck 3 bow end but never saw another

Also unbelievably there are no toilets on deck 4 at all and you have to go either up to deck 5 outside the Venue or down to deck 3 - not very satisfactory at all My only complaint about this wonderful ship

On the Discovery in March carafes were provided in the cabin and you could just fill up from the fountains. There was no need to buy bottled water.

Yes, very useful.

They were in the cabins on Discovery 2 as well.

We also used them to fill the kettle and coffee machine from the tap.