Tokyo Hotels for April 2019

mrstanley

Has anyone tried to book a hotel room in Tokyo from April 15, 2019 thru April 20, 2019.

There must be something really big going on during that time. Some of the most expensive hotels in

the city still have rooms but on the Hotels.com website 97% of their rooms are sold out on those dates.

I think some hotels just haven't posted inventory for that far in advance. Checked a few of my favorites and they don't have any availability at all that far out (e.g., New Otani nothing after 31 January and Imperial nothing after March). Far in advance best to look at individual hotel sites versus Hotels.com (or other third party) as hotels don't always release inventory to third parties early.

Marc

If you are buying airplane tickets yourself (and not deviating with Regent) or using Frequent Flyer Miles seats are nowopen thru March 25, 2019 on Delta Airlines and their partners. Hotels....some have inventory open and some do not.

If you are buying airplane tickets yourself (and not deviating with Regent) or using Frequent Flyer Miles seats are nowopen thru March 25, 2019 on Delta Airlines and their partners. Hotels....some have inventory open and some do not.

Agree - 2018 flights have been out for a while now. Have you tried emailing of the hotels? Some hotels are excellent at responding quickly and with accurate information.

We are waiting for Delta to open their flights for April of 2019 for our Tokyo-Tokyo cruise, it will probably be the middle or end of next month. As we are taking the included pre hotel and post package we don’t have to worry about booking those. We will pounce on the flights as soon as they open as we took the very generous flight credit, so far Delta is showing $4000.00 R/T or 240K miles for Delta One. Their partners China Eastern and Korean air shows 170K.

Bigdogwon....we are on the March 28, 2019 Shanghai - Tokyo cruise. We just booked our flight to Shanghai on Delta. Be aware that the frequent flyer points needed depend on the day of the week you plan to fly out. Seems as though flying on the weekend uses a lot more

points. Big difference! We are waving for the flights from Tokyo back to the USA to open...hopefully we will get lucky using our

frequent flyer points once again. What hotel are they using for your cruise while in Tokyo? They are using the Tokyo Hilton for our

post-cruise stay in Tokyo.

What hotel are they using for your cruise while in Tokyo? They are using the Tokyo Hilton for our

post-cruise stay in Tokyo.

Which Tokyo Hilton? I stayed at original Hilton in Shinjuku for many weeks; close to train station but not tourist sites. Other two Hiltons and Conrad much better located for touring.

Marc

Regent description of the post-tour states Tokyo Hilton or similar, so I am guessing it will be Hilton in the Shinjuku area. Although we are taking the “free” post tour we may or may not tour with the group, especially if we can see the Wisteria gardens in bloom.

Mr. Stanley, thankfully we will be flying out mid-week for our post hotel, if not on Delta then on a Star Alliance partner where I have found the mileage requirements are much lower than flying Delta. We actually prefer most foreign carriers over Domestic with our favorite being EVA Airways. I have to say if we had a million miles on Delta then I would fly their new “suite” from Detroit non-stop but 450K pp is a little steep.

• 2 weeks later...
Great information The Hilton Tokyo has now listed rooms for those dates both cash and/or points. Had all rooms categories now. This is where we wanted to stay, I just booked the hotel.

Good choice. We stayed there a couple of years ago and though it was not central it had great subway links. Hotel was lovely, rooms great and highly recommend staying in an Executive floor room as access to the Executive lounge was worth the extra.