Pursuit 12 Sept ex Barcelona

procter

Bonnie,

Trying to understand logistics for Amazing evening in Livorno.

Can you help?

I will work backwards as it may be easier.

Departure time 8.00 pm.

There is also another ship targeted to leave at 10.00 pm so there may be pilotage issues to restrict later departure.

7.30 pm all passengers on board.

6.30 pm departure I guess from theatre to get 700 passengers back on board and through security.

Presumably 1.5 hour performance

5.00 pm start

4.00 pm departure from ship for all 700 passengers.

Can you advise if this is likely timings as tours appear to be up to 6.5 hours and we wish to visit Lucca on a private tour which is not scheduled to depart Pisa until 4.30 pm and we may miss amazing evening unless we take further independent travel to theater direct.

I assume we would be able to get Az transport back from theatre.

THANKS

HI Procter,

These logistics are determined by the ship personnel. I’ve sent off an email to see if someone wants to estimate the bus departure time for the Azamazing Evening in Livorno this Fall.

But I can say that, Yes, I’m sure you’d be permitted to board the bus for the return trip to the ship after the show.

We have done this Azamazing Evening twice now.... on both cruises, we didn't leave the ship until about 7.00pm - we were the first group to leave on both occasions. If you are going to the theatre to hear Three Tenors, I should imagine the same arrangements will operate, for they have worked well on every occasion so far. An extremely well organised and enjoyable evening. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks lookyboy,

I hope you are correct but at this stage all I can go on are port schedules which may indicate a potential problem with late departure as another ship has the 10.00 departure slot for pilot.

If we have to leave port at 8.00 pm then issues may arise.

Thanks for your comments and I am sure Bonnie will find out performance/theatre times.

Livorno will have more than one pilot, its not a tiny port. Azamara is always in a different location to the other ships anyway so two could move at the same time - I am sure there is nothing to worry about. A late departure can happen. I have also seen Azamara go out of some ports without a pilot.

Are you sure it’s Livorno? Is it listed as a shore excursion on your cruise login? I can’t see you doing an Azamazing Evening leaving Livorno at 8pm. Leaving later won’t be an issue as far as pilots for the port are concerned, but getting to Civitavecchia ontime the following day will be. You need nearly 12 hours to get from Livorno to Civitavecchia at 15 knots.

Phil

Hi Procter,

I’ve just learned that the Azamazing Evening for your voyage is not yet finalized. It’s a good guess it will not be in Livorno with an 8pm departure scheduled. As soon as I hear where it’ll be I’ll post.

Hi Bonnie,

Interesting to hear that night is not finalised as I have a 3 week old mini brochure from UK office advertising evenings at the Goldoni Livorno theatre on 12 Sept, 21 May and 16 June departures so I think they will have the logistics worked out and hopefully the buses ordered.

I know you are the backstop/goal keeper /long stop and I feel sorry for you having to field these questions.

Hi Bonnie,

Interesting to hear that night is not finalised as I have a 3 week old mini brochure from UK office advertising evenings at the Goldoni Livorno theatre on 12 Sept, 21 May and 16 June departures so I think they will have the logistics worked out and hopefully the buses ordered.

I know you are the backstop/goal keeper /long stop and I feel sorry for you having to field these questions.

I'll copy the UK marketing office re the Livorno AzAmazing Evening.

And thanks for worrying about me, but no need to feel sorry...all part of the job.

As I mentioned earlier, when I hear something about the rescheduled AEE, I'll let you know (if you don't hear about it before I do!)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back and sorry you had a hard time on the included liquor thread.

I note that neither of us appear to have received a reply to this age old query.

As it is alleged that the 21 May departure AZ evening was at Goldoni theatre I hope that they can confirm retro logistics.

As phil says it may be moved because of Rome calls.

Hope you can actually get an answer.

Bonnie,

Any reply to this query dated May 12.

In these days of email surely an answer could be forthcoming especially when it appears that the venue has already been used and logistics known?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Procter,

Yesterday I posted on your Roll Call the new information about your Azamazing Evening (Livorno) and the itinerary changes. I’ve been wondering why no response. Perhaps your Roll Call isn’t sending out notifications?

And could I ask a favor? Would you check if our webpage for your voyage is now reflecting the updated itinerary. It was supposed to happen last night. (I’d check but I haven’t had my first cup of tea yet. I’ll fire up my big PC after breakfast!)

Here’s the post...

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Attention Azamara Pursuit guests, sailing date: Sept 12, 2018:

There are changes to your itinerary being rolled out today to you via email.

Your Azamazing Evening will be on Saturday, September 15, in Livorno.

(Note: the website will update to reflect these changes probably overnight tonight.)

Here are excerpts from the letter forthcoming to you and your travel professional:

June 25, 2018

We’re writing to notify you of a few changes to your scheduled itinerary. First, we’ve added a second day in Livorno, Italy, gateway to Florence and Pisa. You’ll still arrive on Saturday, September 15th bright and early at 8:00 AM. However, now Pursuit will remain in port overnight and for the entire day on Sunday, not departing until 7:00 PM. We’ve made this change in order to bring you an enchanting AzAmazing Evening on Saturday night. Join us ashore for a celebration of Italian culture and art that’s sure to rank among the highlights of your voyage.

This change also gives you a full second day to soak up the Renaissance wonders of Florence and legendary monuments of Pisa, which weren’t built in a day and certainly can’t be fully appreciated in just one.

This change also conveniently moves your arrival in Rome from Sunday, September 16th to Monday the 17th. We recently learned that the Vatican tour originally planned for Sunday will not be available. However, on Monday it’s a go, so any tours or plans you’ve made will not be interrupted.

Unfortunately, this revised itinerary required us to cancel the call in Sorrento, originally scheduled for Monday, September 17th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we sincerely believe it’s in the best interests of our guests to have more time in Livorno, and the chance to experience the history and beauty of the Vatican.

Should you have any questions or wish to explore shore excursions in Livorno, Rome or any other the ports of call on this voyage, please call us at 1-855-AZAMARA, press menu option 3. For guests in the United Kingdom, please contact 08444932077.

Bonnie B. MacLaird

Chief Blogging Officer

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of Azamara Club Cruises)

Bonnie,

Thanks for his but can you/ship confirm the timings for this including disembarkation time from ship to go to Azamazing evening.

It might also be a good idea to remove the excursions that are still on website leaving from Sorrento.

Finally I note that private car tour is per person but will take 3 people.

SURELY it cannot be £3000 for the car for a day?

Also as of 3.00pm neither I or my travel agent at NE3 4AT have received any notification of any changes

• Hat and sunglasses

IMPORTANT NOTES

• Private vehicles accommodate 1 to 3 guests.
  • Entrance fees are not included.
  • For customized tour programs that include entrance fees, please contact the Group Shore Excursion Department at groupshorex@rccl.com for further assistance and pricing.
  • Strict dress codes are enforced for religious sites. Short pants, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable. Shoulders and knees must be covered.

PRIVATE VEHICLE ARRANGEMENT

Journey through Italy in a private vehicle with a local driver and select from itineraries to Florence, Pisa, Volterra, San Gimignano or Cinque Terre.

LOCATIONLivorno, ItalyDURATION9.00 HoursACTIVITY LEVEL#Medium

Prices starting from

£1,167.27 GBP

per adult

VIEW DETAIL

Bonnie,

Sorry for banging on about this but I still have not had an answer to my original query of May 12.

What time do we disembark the ship for the amazing evening.

I would wish to shower and change after a day sightseeing before the evening show and the timing is important.

There are certain mantras for certain industries

1; Lawyers What if

2: Construction is Safety

and

3: Retail is Detail.

PS I note that you are still offering Sorrento excursions on your website despite no longer calling there.

Retail is Detail again

Is there anybody else I can escalate this to to help you in your unenviable task

At the time we always do for Azamazing Evening. ....be ready for 7.00 pm.... and have a wee drink in one of the bars ....but listen out for the call to leave tbe ship and board your bus.....sorry if you have not been to one of these fantastic evenings before ....make sure to check out the 'Shepherd's Pie' begore you go.....! (Ta Fabio

XX....always the best. X)

Did this Azamazing Evening on June 21st. I still have The Insider Daily Program.

Dinner Buffets in both the MDR and Discoveries were from 6 p.m.

Disembarkation announcements begin at 745 and guests will be asked to disembark in Deck Order. Very short walk to the coaches and a 5 minute drive to the Theatre, then another 5 minute walk. Some friends were seated in the Circle and found the venue extremely hot. They walked back to the ship in around 10 - 15 minutes.

It was a lovely evening with Incanto four lovely Sopranos and their pianist. Music a mix of light Opera (Carmen - Traviata) but mainly more modern music including Skyfall, What a Feeling Staying Alive and Abba medley. Superb voices. Very enjoyable.

Back home with another buffet in Windows 9.30 til 10.30. Followed by Karaoke in the Living Room.

Hope you enjoy it.