Spa area access?

Thelma600

Hello! We have done 3 Azamara cruises and always paid for access to the spa area deck and pool. It seems to be getting increasingly busy and it doesn't appear that anyone checks to ensure access is limited to those who have paid or are entitled through their suite. We were originally told there was a maximum number of spots available. Have I been duped? Is anyone controlling access?

There certainly isn’t enough space out there now space is given to tables etc. I certainly did not see any checking but I also did not see anyone who should not be there on our March/April cruise on Journey

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, it is getting increasingly difficult to get a sunbed in the Spa area unless you get there early in the day. I also notice a number of people go direct there through the gym and often wonder if they’re suite/spa paid guests or not. I have however seen checks made occasionally.

They do limit the number of paid for passes that are sold. My experience has been that it depends on the itinerary. I've been on some cruises where with few sea days it's been very quiet. Others with more sea days and it's busy. If you do run into issues of not being able to get a space (made worse by there being less sunbeds than there used to be), don't wait to see if the area is patrolled. Speak to the Spa Manager and let them know. If checks aren't being done then that should prompt it to happen.

Phil