New Dining Room Dress Code?

lifes-a-beach

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/royal-caribbean-reverses-decision-on-allowing-shorts-or-tank-tops-in-the-dining-rooms/

According to the Los Angeles Times, after outcries from Royal Caribbean International fanatics, the cruise line has reversed its decision to allow passengers to wear tank tops or shorts into the main dining rooms. With this rule reversal guests attempting to wear tank tops or shorts to the main dining rooms will be turned away.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/royal-caribbean-reverses-decision-on-allowing-shorts-or-tank-tops-in-the-dining-rooms/

According to the Los Angeles Times, after outcries from Royal Caribbean International fanatics, the cruise line has reversed its decision to allow passengers to wear tank tops or shorts into the main dining rooms. With this rule reversal guests attempting to wear tank tops or shorts to the main dining rooms will be turned away.

If you overdress, you’ll have no stress.

Far as I know RCI never allowed shorts & tank tops in the MDR for dinner. Must have been something very new if they did. Shorts were OK in MDR for B'fast and lunch. Don't know about tank tops, but if you are over 25 years old, they shouldn't be worn anywhere. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Far as I know RCI never allowed shorts & tank tops in the MDR for dinner. Must have been something very new if they did. Shorts were OK in MDR for B'fast and lunch. Don't know about tank tops, but if you are over 25 years old, they shouldn't be worn anywhere. ;)
RCI's dress code is a joke. Eighteen months ago I witnessed a man in shorts & sandals enter the MDR on the Oasis on formal night without a problem. Then within the past two weeks I've seen several pictures of individuals dressed very casual including jeans on formal night and even a sweatshirt with writing on it in the MDR of the Mariner of the Seas. If you have a dress code, enforce it or eliminate it. Maybe a separate dining area is needed for those individuals that cannot dress appropriately and give them a menu that fits their attire.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

Delighted to hear this.

Wish ALL cruiselines would have a dress code which they enforce.

However.. I do not really understand what ' smart casual' means.

In a conversation with daughter and her friends over the weekend...they weren't sure how to dress for an invitation which said 'smart casual' either!

Delighted to hear this.

In a conversation with daughter and her friends over the weekend...they weren't sure how to dress for an invitation which said 'smart casual' either!

Smart casual for men: chino type trousers and a golf shirt

Smart casual for ladies: capri or nice slacks with a nice top

I have been on over thirty five plus cruises since I got hooked way back in May 1983. On only one sailing on the Carnival Valor in August 2011 did I see The Dining Room Manager refuse to seat certain passengers due to their inappropriate dress. On that same sailing the same manager closed the doors to the dining room and refused to allow anyone to be seated twenty minutes after late seating began. That was the first and last time I ever saw the regulations adhered too.

Delighted to hear this.

I agree that some form of dress code, that was enforced, would be nice. Even if it is stated as anything goes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_casual

\

For me, smart casual, for men, is non-worn long pants (even clean, even colored jeans) and shirt with collar and sleeves (polo/golf, etc), no T-shirts. No ripped or cut pants or shirts, no more than a small breast area logo.