Hawaii Discount website

Iwannaseemickey

Has anyone used the hawaiidiscount website to book excursions or luaus? Is it reliable?

Thanks!

In browsing their website, it seems that they may not be located in Hawaii. South Carolina was mentioned when we googled their name. This is a personal observation strictly about any tour service that may be out of state, but we wonder if it wouldn't be better dealing with a firm that has local, first-hand (because they live here) experience?

I looked at their site when I was planning my trip but I didn't really find their prices any better then booking directly with the company or using Hawaii based excursions like Robert's Hawaii or Ricky's Tours.

We booked through HawaiiDiscount on Maui and Kauaii for our cruise in April because I understood they had information about which rental brands provide shuttle service to the pickup location. I had tried pricing a couple of brands from their own website, and also priced renting through AAA. Discount was cheaper. The agent I spoke to was not in Hawaii, but her information about shuttles was correct. We walked straight through the gate to our Thrifty shuttle on Maui while someone else discussed the Hertz shuttle with the guard. I don't know if there is a Hertz shuttle. I have read others speak of good prices through Costco but I'm not a member. Transportation from the ship to the car and back was more important to me than a few dollars. After I rented from Discount, I registered with the Thrifty and Dollar websites and found my reservation listed there. I feel like I'm repeating here because I've posted this earlier, but the people who work at the piers have one specific job to do and that is all they know about. There is no one who is there to help you figure out where you need to go to find what you are looking for. Norwegian's take on this is that you would be where you need to be if you had booked an excursion with them. They are not going to spend money to help you avoid paying your money to them.

I feel like I'm repeating here because I've posted this earlier, but the people who work at the piers have one specific job to do and that is all they know about. There is no one who is there to help you figure out where you need to go to find what you are looking for. Norwegian's take on this is that you would be where you need to be if you had booked an excursion with them. They are not going to spend money to help you avoid paying your money to them.

Do remember that Kahului Harbor is under the jurisdiction of the State of Hawaii's Department of Transportation, so neither NCL nor the County of Maui make the rules or oversee the personnel there.

In looking more at the website, I do see the fax number is indeed in SC (which is where I am from!), at the top, there is a local number, with an 808 area code--Hawaii.

I am looking at a luau and a Kauai zip line tour, both of which are over $100 cheaper.

I did call the "local" number and asked where they are located, and stated my confusion about SC/HI--she said they are located in Oahu, but are all home based agents. The owner is in SC. Hmmmmm......

Thanks

In looking more at the website, I do see the fax number is indeed in SC (which is where I am from!), at the top, there is a local number, with an 808 area code--Hawaii.

I am looking at a luau and a Kauai zip line tour, both of which are over $100 cheaper.

I did call the "local" number and asked where they are located, and stated my confusion about SC/HI--she said they are located in Oahu, but are all home based agents. The owner is in SC. Hmmmmm......

Thanks

I called Chief's Luau after making reservations through Hawaii Discount. The reservations are in the system and everything checks out. I see no issues using them.