Footy on TV on Pacific Eden

Hi there! We're on Pacific Eden - in the Penthouse suite!!! - sailing out next Tuesday 22/5. Can't wait, it's been 3 years since our last cruise. And considering the water dumping we had in Hobart a few days ago, I'm hoping for a sunny day or two. Can anyone tell me if any AFL or NRL is available on cabin TVs? I know it seems sinful to contemplate such things when the vista from one's balcony should be more than sufficient, but if you're a die-hard fan as we are, well - you know how it is! Thanks for any info, and Happy Mum's Day to all :)

I think it depends on the position of the ship relative to the satellite.

All I can say is that I have taken cruises out to the islands and I have watched NRL/AFL on those cruises, but I can't recall how close to the Australian coast we were.

Check with the main desk and they will probably be able to tell you.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

Might I ask the question 'Why would one go on a cruise ship to watch football on TV?'

Much better things to do like...Bingo, Trivia, Belly Flop comp, Drinking, Eating, Dancing, Promenading, Port Lectures, Sleeping, golf putting comps, swimming, sunbaking, choir practice, wine tasting, 'whale watching, dolphin watching, ship watching, 'bird watching' etc, etc, :halo:

Standby for incoming from the Footie/VB Brigade, lol.:rolleyes::eek:

Might I ask the question 'Why would one go on a cruise ship to watch football on TV?'

Much better things to do like...Bingo, Trivia, Belly Flop comp, Drinking, Eating, Dancing, Promenading, Port Lectures, Sleeping, golf putting comps, swimming, sunbaking, choir practice, wine tasting, 'whale watching, dolphin watching, ship watching, 'bird watching' etc, etc, :halo:

Standby for incoming from the Footie/VB Brigade, lol.:rolleyes::eek:

I watch a fair bit of Tele on a cruise, lay in bed after a big day, plotting the mischief the next day with Mrs Gut.

But seldom cruise during footy season,so can’t really answer the question.

I watch a fair bit of Tele on a cruise, lay in bed after a big day, plotting the mischief the next day with Mrs Gut.

But seldom cruise during footy season,so can’t really answer the question.

Cruisy, cruising, got 2 tv's in the Princess minis, one for her and for moi, lol.:halo::rolleyes: With the 20 ports and shorex on my next 3 cruises, I might need to relax in front of ye olde telly with a lemonade.

Cruisy, cruising, got 2 tv's in the Princess minis, one for her and for moi, lol.:halo::rolleyes: With the 20 ports and shorex on my next 3 cruises, I might need to relax in front of ye olde telly with a lemonade.

Have our first mini next year on Sea, it’s one of the old style double width.

Hoping I don’t get hooked.