Concern about possible windy conditions in May-June

aerobee

Our upcoming trip is to Society and Cook Islands.

We'll be taking Terevau for the short run from Moorea to Tahiti at 3:00 to board the PG on Saturday May 26, so I've been looking at the Terevau website. Currently it says,

"Annulation voyages Raromatai:

Les voyages prévus pour les ISLV les vendredi 18, dimanche 20 et samedi 26 mai sont annulés, compte tenu des conditions météo. Renseignement aux guichets ou au 89.48.88.88"

which translates to

"Raromatai travel cancellation:

Travel scheduled for ISLV on Friday 18th, Sunday 20th and Saturday 26th may be canceled due to weather conditions. Information at the counters or at 89.48.88.88"

Apparently "Raromatai" refers to service to Huahine and Raiatea so maybe I needn't worry about the Terevau ferry from Moorea to Tahiti being cancelled on the 26th. The other ferry, Aremiti 2, is always available but we would need to catch it at 12:45.

But it makes me wonder what the seagoing (and snorkeling!) conditions are likely to be for the PG itinerary Huahine--Aitutaki--Rarotonga--Bora Bora.

What do you think?

Edited by aerobee

Our upcoming trip is to Society and Cook Islands.

We'll be taking Terevau for the short run from Moorea to Tahiti to board the PG on Saturday May 26, so I've been looking at the Terevau website. Currently it says,

"Annulation voyages Raromatai:

Les voyages prévus pour les ISLV les vendredi 18, dimanche 20 et samedi 26 mai sont annulés, compte tenu des conditions météo. Renseignement aux guichets ou au 89.48.88.88"

which translates to

"Raromatai travel cancellation:

Travel scheduled for ISLV on Friday 18th, Sunday 20th and Saturday 26th may be canceled due to weather conditions. Information at the counters or at 89.48.88.88"

"Raromatai" I understand is the long ferry trip to Bora Bora so I'm not worried about the short run being cancelled. But it makes me I wonder what the seagoing (and snorkeling!) conditions are likely to be for the PG itinerary Huahine--Aitutaki--Rarotonga--Bora Bora.

What do you think?

Rare that the ferry is cancelled ;)