Cruise Package/Information Sent Prior to Sailing

Just2guys

We have not sailed on Azamara before but with other lines we have been on we always received a very nice information package with highlights of the upcoming cruise about 3 or 4 weeks before the sailing. Just wondering if we should be expecting anything from our TA that Azamara would be forwarding to them prior to the sailing date.

We have already arranged our shore excursions and completed the online check-in so just asking if Azamara sends out a package with any additional information as well.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

You will get an e-document from Azamara a few weeks before sailing which includes the itinerary and other information. You can also login to your reservation and check-in online beforehand and print off your Xpress Pass which speeds embarkation up a little.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do they send luggage tags or must we print them ourselves?

Depends where you live. In the US the printed ones are sent to you once you have requested them at online check in. In the UK we are the "poor relations" and we must print them out ourselves. :D

A point of clarification re: luggage tags. They only can be ordered about 45 days before sailing. They usually arrive within a week. Even though you have completed all the registration steps the button to order the tags will only appear on the sign in page at that point in time.

We have not sailed on Azamara before but with other lines we have been on we always received a very nice information package with highlights of the upcoming cruise about 3 or 4 weeks before the sailing. Just wondering if we should be expecting anything from our TA that Azamara would be forwarding to them prior to the sailing date.

We have already arranged our shore excursions and completed the online check-in so just asking if Azamara sends out a package with any additional information as well.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Sorry to disappoint. It is in this area that Azamara is sadly lacking. If you were hoping for a silver box of delights (Silversea) or a leather folio of goodies (Seabourn), then think again! Good luck with the origami luggage tags too! Though remember it’s all in the price, a shame though we don’t get at least a little appetiser. My suggestion would be luggage tags. Preferably colour coded to indicate status just like the airlines. We could then attach them to every piece of luggage we own, ostentatiously displayed of course, remembering to remind everyone at every opportunity ‘who we were’ ;-) !! Oh I forgot, Seabourn already do that! Any other ideas CC people?

Sorry to disappoint. It is in this area that Azamara is sadly lacking. If you were hoping for a silver box of delights (Silversea) or a leather folio of goodies (Seabourn), then think again! Good luck with the origami luggage tags too! Though remember it’s all in the price, a shame though we don’t get at least a little appetiser. My suggestion would be luggage tags. Preferably colour coded to indicate status just like the airlines. We could then attach them to every piece of luggage we own, ostentatiously displayed of course, remembering to remind everyone at every opportunity ‘who we were’ ;-) !! Oh I forgot, Seabourn already do that! Any other ideas CC people?

Now that was funny!

At first I thought you were serious about the suggestion that Azamara provide color coded luggage tags based on status.

Well that is disappointing...I agree it is such a thrill to get the brochure, luggage tags, all the personalised information etc for the cruise you have been looking forward to for so long as we have on other cruise lines.... if you miss out on the luggage tags in the UK we will certainly have no chance of them here is Australia !! Of course this is no deal breaker in booking again. ha ha

I am in the U.S. I was never able to get to the online Edocs in my Azamara account for either of my cruises. I was able to order luggage tags and print my boarding documents, but never saw the Ticket Booklet or equivalent that even the poor Celebrity IT group can mange to make available for every cruise. We didn’t really need it, but I was surprised that it wasn’t available. The cruises were terrific, so have a great cruise.

I'm not sure I'm following this - Azamara newbie here. You get the documents online, but you have to order the luggage tags? Do they mail them via snail mail or do you have to print them from the computer? If you print them from the computer why aren't they just online with the documents. Not only Celebrity, but Carnival does that too ;p I even have plastic sleeves to put them in.

We pack fairly light and have always carried our luggage on with us, but I'm getting lazy and I'll hand off to a porter :cool: So I'm gonna need the tags.

Luggage labels are online as part of the e-docs and can be printed, but if you live in the US you can also order them to be sent by ‘snail mail’.

I have been told that if you don’t have them, porters will put them on for you at embarkation, but I’ve never risked it. Like you we have plastic sleeves to put the printed ones in.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Luggage labels are online as part of the e-docs and can be printed, but if you live in the US you can also order them to be sent by ‘snail mail’.

I have been told that if you don’t have them, porters will put them on for you at embarkation, but I’ve never risked it. Like you we have plastic sleeves to put the printed ones in.

Ah! Thank you for clearing that up. We will probably just print them from the computer and use our plastic sleeves.