Travel in the Global Village

nordski

This probably seems only remarkable to me, but I can sit this morning in our living room and watch current events taking place in Windsor, England, and later at Wembley Stadium.

At the same time we can look forward to cruises in the Mediterranean this summer. All of these activities were far beyond the dreams of my parents. McLuhan's Global Village come alive.

And, although I am afraid that compared to those seasoned travellers we meet on this board and on the Azamara ships we are much like Dr. Johnson's woman preacher, we are really grateful for both the experience of cruising and learning from those of similar interests. An

And that Azamara is the conduit. Thanks to you all.

For our many UK posters, what a beautiful and interesting day!

Thank you for your post I made me think just how small and wonderful my world as become too. A a child I would listen on my Long Wave radio to commentary of England playing cricket in Australia with the signal fading in and out. Last winter I watched live pictures of the Australia vs England game whilst sitting at the pool bar of the Norwegian Spirit off the coast of Morocco (sorry Azamara we will be with you next trip). Of course the experience of England being comprehensively walloped remained the same sigh....