30 Days Out--A few questions

So exciting to get that email from HAL :p

I've been keeping my anticipation stoked by reading reviews from other travelers. I am SO appreciative for their effort! I want to return the favor and am wondering what's a good place to upload pictures? As I understand it, if I upload them elsewhere I can easily plug them into the review post, right?

Second topic--I would like to be outside on the ship as often as weather permits. Can anyone share some favorite nooks and crannies on the MS Amsterdam that are outside and protected from "weather?"

And, finally....If there is a particular picture you'd like me to snap for you... or a piece of information I can easily sleuth, this would be a good place to post it as I will probably wait to build the report until we are home :)

Thanks, everyone, for all your help.

We like being outdoors at the small tables around the midship pool - sitting, reading, listening and people watching in its relative sheltered shade. Lido Bar lounge area is also very comfortable - deep cushions and even some small trees. Your Pinnacle Suite balcony should be the best outdoor space of all since it will be so large.

Another sheltered spot (if there are no surreptitious smokers) are the areas just outside the CrowsNest entry that faces to the back of the ship when you get off the the elevators. You turn away from the actual Crows Nest entrance. There are small sliding doors that open to the upper narrow outdoor promenade deck - more secluded up there. Often there are rows of sun loungers there, but it is more exposed and can be windy. For Alaska, the glass dome covered Lido was a favorite for more of an outdoor feeling, even when the dome is closed.

I use Shutterfly -- free -- download pictures there and then you can copy and paste them into your report.

Can you please specify how to do this. I can't seem to figure out how to copy and paste my photos. OP, I hope you don't mind I'm asking for further clarification on your thread. Thanks!

Thanks, Krazy Kruiser:D I will check Shutterfly out. I have "elaborate" plans ;p

Ols Salt, thanks for the "outside" tips.... So far, the Lido Lounge with those deep cushions and trees has appeal ;p A covered pool area sounds like maybe the warmest area on cold, windy days. And then, of course, the balcony to our suite... may actually get most of my negative ions right there, depending upon vitality ;)

I've been keeping my anticipation stoked by reading reviews from other travelers. I am SO appreciative for their effort! I want to return the favor and am wondering what's a good place to upload pictures? As I understand it, if I upload them elsewhere I can easily plug them into the review post, right?
I've been talking up Tapatalk. Tapatalk is a tablet/smartphone app for Android or Apple iOS, and while it may or may not be your preferred way of posting to Cruise Critic normally, while you're aboard ship and posting photos, it is ideal. You just create your reply as you normally would, and then simply attach the photos with a couple of clicks. Tapatalk will host your photos automatically and embed links to those hosted photos in your replies. It couldn't be simpler.

Here's what it looks like (from another thread where I shared this information recently):

3bdd6e76d80c99ecce063b9d588808c5.jpg

There is also a Cruise Critic tablet/smartphone app. As far as I can tell, it is Tapatalk, just branded for and limited to Cruise Critic. It should work the same way.

Second topic--I would like to be outside on the ship as often as weather permits. Can anyone share some favorite nooks and crannies on the MS Amsterdam that are outside and protected from "weather?"

Beware the Lido pool area if there are many children onboard. For as many children are in the pool area, there are more adults supervising them. It's not quiet, and more like an amusement park's public pool, meaning it can be very crowded especially if the weather is cool and the roof is closed. If the roof is closed, the warmth and the humidity rival Florida. Thankfully the aft pool is adults only, so you'll find some nice spots there, out of the weather, just as you come from the inside.

Aft Deck 6 and 7 are often undiscovered by guests unless their staterooms are on that deck. A small number of deck chairs may be available as well.

The disadvantage of remaining in a stateroom is that you only see the scenery on your side of the ship. If the weather is really poor, Lower Promenade Deck may be best inasmuch as you can easily access each side of the ship by going through the interior.

And, don't forget, keep your TV on to the Bow Camera channel when the ship is in a scenic spot and you are in your stateroom.

I've been talking up Tapatalk. Tapatalk is a tablet/smartphone app for Android or Apple iOS, and while it may or may not be your preferred way of posting to Cruise Critic normally, while you're aboard ship and posting photos, it is ideal. You just create your reply as you normally would, and then simply attach the photos with a couple of clicks. Tapatalk will host your photos automatically and embed links to those hosted photos in your replies. It couldn't be simpler.

This sounds perfect for posting pics while we are traveling. I think I prefer a keyboard for longer report writing... I am defined by my generation to be clumsy fingered with texting ;p Thank you! I will check it out.

This sounds perfect for posting pics while we are traveling. I think I prefer a keyboard for longer report writing... I am defined by my generation to be clumsy fingered with texting ;p Thank you! I will check it out.
I don't have a chance finger typing on my tablet. Age has eroded too much of my eyesight and dexterity. So I rely on voice recognition.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Beware the Lido pool area if there are many children onboard. For as many children are in the pool area, there are more adults supervising them. It's not quiet, and more like an amusement park's public pool, meaning it can be very crowded especially if the weather is cool and the roof is closed. If the roof is closed, the warmth and the humidity rival Florida. Thankfully the aft pool is adults only, so you'll find some nice spots there, out of the weather, just as you come from the inside.

Thank you! I am a person loves the calm and quiet... depending upon the cruise demographic, I will be lady with funny colored hair sitting at the adults only pool... if you're looking for me;)

Aft Deck 6 and 7 are often undiscovered by guests unless their staterooms are on that deck. A small number of deck chairs may be available as well.

The disadvantage of remaining in a stateroom is that you only see the scenery on your side of the ship. If the weather is really poor, Lower Promenade Deck may be best inasmuch as you can easily access each side of the ship by going through the interior.

And, don't forget, keep your TV on to the Bow Camera channel when the ship is in a scenic spot and you are in your stateroom.

Great tips! Thank you:)