Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Just booked yesterday for May 2019, 14 night Baltic Heritage cruise out of Southhampton on Sapphire Princess followed by a b2b 7 night Norwegian Fjords cruise on the same ship. It seems a long way out, but I’ve had both cruises on my travel list and I’m happy to be able to do both with only one flight.

Princess is currently running a promo called Landmark Sale until June 19th on some cruises with generous onboard credit. Solos entitled to double the onboard credit.

That sounds like an epic trip! If I hadn't just booked a trip on the MSC Seaside, I'd definitely be looking at some more Princess offerings for 2019.

Hi all, I just discovered this thread.

I'm booked to sail on NCL Dawn on Dec 6, 2018 (10 days) - Solo. On that roll call, but wondered if any other Solo will be on the Ship then? So far I've sailed Solo on HAL (Eurodam) and NCL (Escape and Jade).

Have to say NCL is a much younger crowd! HAL is slightly more gourmet and musical - but closes down pretty well at 11 PM.

anyway -- just dropping in to say hello

Just booked yesterday for May 2019, 14 night Baltic Heritage cruise out of Southhampton on Sapphire Princess followed by a b2b 7 night Norwegian Fjords cruise on the same ship. It seems a long way out, but I’ve had both cruises on my travel list and I’m happy to be able to do both with only one flight.

Princess is currently running a promo called Landmark Sale until June 19th on some cruises with generous onboard credit. Solos entitled to double the onboard credit.

Oh Gosh, this trip sounds so wonderful. I wish i could do it. I have cruised over 30 times, yet have never done a back to back. Norway is wonderful, but so expensive. A Baltic cruise is also high on my "want to do" list.

You have a great trip to look forward to.

joseyP

Hi my name is Ramona and I'm cruising solo February 2nd, 2019 on Royal Princess 49 night S.A. Grand Adventure out of Fort Lauderdale and ending In Los Angeles. This will be my second cruise my first, with one of my exercise groups, was a ten day partial Panama Canal transit on the Caribbean Princess, Nov. 30th, 2017.

I am on the Roll Call for my S.A. adventure and will help check people in on three Meet & Greets.

Look forward to hearing from anyone on that sailing going solo and who are not on the official Roll Call.

By the way I'm retired and I teach group exercise classes for the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation: ShapeUp NYC program.

Ramona

Edited by NotThePest_Too
Adding more info.

I'm going solo on the Regal Princess next month r/t Copenhagen to the Baltics.

Just yesterday, I booked Emerald Princess Rome to Barcelona via Greece in June 2019 (Great OBC for a balcony and it's all mine unless I find a roommie!).

I booked my first Solo Cruise on Harmony of the Seas, 9 Day Eastern Caribbean leaving 29 March 19. I am hoping to meet some people to meet up with on the ship and maybe to do some excursions. Also so hoping to find some dining companions, I don't like dining alone :)

My wife Donna and I loved cruising, taking close to twenty during our 18yr marriage. Sadly, she passed away last year and I'm considering taking my first solo cruise. Probably one of Carnival's 3-4 day Mexican cruises, as the Long Beach terminal is so convenient. We are also Platinum members so that always makes boarding and other things a delight.

Any suggestions for me for this first solo trip? I haven't booked anything yet, but want to start planning for 2019.

My wife Donna and I loved cruising, taking close to twenty during our 18yr marriage. Sadly, she passed away last year and I'm considering taking my first solo cruise. Probably one of Carnival's 3-4 day Mexican cruises, as the Long Beach terminal is so convenient. We are also Platinum members so that always makes boarding and other things a delight.

Any suggestions for me for this first solo trip? I haven't booked anything yet, but want to start planning for 2019.

Shotput50: i just came back from my very first solo cruise. my 21st cruise overall. let me tell you, best decision EVER! my solo cruise was a 7 nighter from NY on NCL, I am platinum. I can tell you I had a blast, relaxed, ate too much and met several nice people that i even had dinner with and did excursions with. No regrets. Yes, to be honest, there are times you will be a lil lonely seeing people in couples and families together but the odd sense of being able to do whatever YOU want anytime YOU want to really trumps the slight loneliness. so i say go for it! enjoy yourself.

Shotput50: i just came back from my very first solo cruise. my 21st cruise overall. let me tell you, best decision EVER! my solo cruise was a 7 nighter from NY on NCL, I am platinum. I can tell you I had a blast, relaxed, ate too much and met several nice people that i even had dinner with and did excursions with. No regrets. Yes, to be honest, there are times you will be a lil lonely seeing people in couples and families together but the odd sense of being able to do whatever YOU want anytime YOU want to really trumps the slight loneliness. so i say go for it! enjoy yourself.

Thanks for the response. I've had similar advice from others.

Shotput,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my wife of 46 years about 1 1/2 years ago. We so loved cruising together and had planned on at least 2 cruises a year.

Since I lost her, I have only gone on cruises with my immediate family but I have a solo cruise coming up in November. I tend to get a little misty eyed when watching sunrises and sunsets since we both loved them. But mostly I just remember how much my wife loved cruising and I try to enjoy them for both of us. She was such a fine person and if she enjoyed cruising so much, it must be a good thing.

Enjoy your cruises and remember the good times.

So sorry to hear your loss. I hope you have a good time away from whatever pressures for a nice break.

I've been a solo cruiser for quite some time -- as a few suggestions: If you are a socially out going person, I've met other folks on board while waiting to board and struck up conversations. I've invited people I think interesting to have dinner with me (as a platinum member on NCL I get a free dinner for 2 and a bottle of wine at their french restaurant so I like sharing those perks with people I think interesting. Sometimes they are other solo travelers -- sometimes a couple. Depends on how well I get along with them. So don't be afraid to share perks.

The other thing I often do is attend the mixers on the roll-call board. And always participate in at least one activity with them -- the slot pull or whatever the group likes. It breaks the ice. I had a blast on the last cruise with a couple of younger folks who loved to play cards.

The trick is getting to know a few people the first day or so -- then staying in touch on the ship -- etc -- especially for excursions on port days.

Just a few thoughts.

Happy sailing!

Hi, sending you my heartfelt condolences as well. I am not in your position but I have been sailing solo for 15 years......hoping you enjoy it:).......it is the only way I cruise. I find the watching the wake a very peaceful experience. Hoping you will too.

This new thread is for Solo Cruisers to tell people about the next cruise they are planning and for other Solo Cruisers to refer to if they want to know if there will be other Solo passengers on a particular cruise that he or she is planning to book. Please follow the same format so that the posts on this thread will be easy to follow. The name of the ship and date should appear in the Title and then you can write your message in the body of the post. Please be sure to join in and periodically check the "Roll Call" for that Cruise Sailing, as well. Any conversations with other Cruise Critic members are better done on the Roll Call thread rather that this thread since this thread will likely cover several different cruises. Let's see how this works........

Restating purpose; format and OP's intentions

Ramona

Well ... this is an old thread that's been resurrected ... but I'll play along.

Ruby Princess October 2018 to Mexico.

This will be my 2nd solo cruise. It's very freeing. You are travelling with a large group and there isn't a lot of time or place to feel lonely or alone. I met some really nice and fun people on my first solo cruise last year.

I'm contemplating a 3rd solo cruise next April 2019. Haven't reserved it yet ... but probably will.