LIVE! From Celebrity Solstice May 11th 2018 Alaska Cruise

islandtime87

We did not pre-purchase a specialty dining but had planned to once on board. Royal Suite has a perk of unlimited specialty dining so we got lucky that way. You can request a print out copy of Luminae dinner menus and your Butler will leave them in your room on Day 2

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great idea, thanks,,, hadn’t thought about asking my Butler.

Can you tell me what the code is for your excursion. Thank you in advance.

I believe it is SK76, but the description this year says you would do the railway first on the way up unfortunately.

Thank you for such a wonderful review, just makes me even more excited about our forthcoming trip but alas not until 7 September

Margaret and Bernie

Thank you for the update live. Our first cruise is around the corner and all you live updates allowed us to gain some background knowledge of our future ports.

Just a few questions...

If we have booked a non-cruise kayak tour in Ketchikan, are we allowed to disembark with everyone else or do we have to wait until the cruise excursions people have left the ship.

A few posts ago, you had a picture of the ship and you can see the lifeboats all lit up. In the evening, if your room is near the lifeboats, do you think your room would be bright?

One more special request and I realize that is could be way above and beyond, but I thought I would ask. If you have still have the dailies, could you scan them and post them? I am not a spring chicken and I had a hard time reading some of them. However, I do appreciate what you already have done.

Thank you for the update live. Our first cruise is around the corner and all you live updates allowed us to gain some background knowledge of our future ports.

Just a few questions...

If we have booked a non-cruise kayak tour in Ketchikan, are we allowed to disembark with everyone else or do we have to wait until the cruise excursions people have left the ship.

A few posts ago, you had a picture of the ship and you can see the lifeboats all lit up. In the evening, if your room is near the lifeboats, do you think your room would be bright?

One more special request and I realize that is could be way above and beyond, but I thought I would ask. If you have still have the dailies, could you scan them and post them? I am not a spring chicken and I had a hard time reading some of them. However, I do appreciate what you already have done.

Yes usually you can disembark right away as soon as the ship is cleared for disembarkation. They usually line up the people with ship excursions but usually never more than a 10-15 min wait to get off.

The lifeboats do light up but the curtains in the room can block out the lights completely.

Only have the pictures of the dailies and upload on cruise critic was easy to do with medium resolution.

Wishing you a happy vacation!

A very happy accident that turned out to be amazing.

Went to Luminae for our last dinner but both Derick and I did not find anything interesting or unique on the menu so at the last minute decided to go eat in Silk Harvest.

Well let me tell you we were both pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the service, the view and the food. We had always been hesitant to try it out from all the negative reviews we had read in the past but for us it did turn out to be a great experience. It really was not busy and that does tell you a little bit about the popularity and I am sure they fluctuate in their overall satisfaction, but I guess we got lucky and had a great experience.

Our server Josephine from Philippines was amazing and we found out that she will be joining Celebrity Edge and that is our next Celebrity Cruise in April 2019 so looking forward to having her as our server in one of their dining venues :)

6d08d5e99a185d1aced2bd57f333088a.jpg77d6a451011d2349ae643e6809bbbee7.jpg

A very happy accident that turned out to be amazing.

Went to Luminae for our last dinner but both Derick and I did not find anything interesting or unique on the menu so at the last minute decided to go eat in Silk Harvest.

Well let me tell you we were both pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the service, the view and the food. We had always been hesitant to try it out from all the negative reviews we had read in the past but for us it did turn out to be a great experience. It really was not busy and that does tell you a little bit about the popularity and I am sure they fluctuate in their overall satisfaction, but I guess we got lucky and had a great experience.

Our server Josephine from Philippines was amazing and we found out that she will be joining Celebrity Edge and that is our next Celebrity Cruise in April 2019 so looking forward to having her as our server in one of their dining venues :)

Im glad you gave it a go. My family (especially my 7 year old) really love Silk Harvest, we like to get a selection of the small plates then 2-3 large plates to share. We’re Aussie but eat a lot of various Asian cuisines. We also love Sushi on 5. Both seem to get very mixed reviews, food is such a personal preference subject.

We have arrived in Seattle. Really enjoyed doing this review and it will likely be a tradition moving forward on future Celebrity cruises. Next one is in April 2019 on Celebrity Edge. Wishing everyone happy cruising on their future Alaska Cruises.

6114fec40d0134c419418d93f7457212.jpg

In a way happy to be going back to Atlanta to be reunited with our furbaby Bailey :)

5ac7f4910c79761130e46d9dfb4d6db9.jpg

Signing off the Live Review, thanks to everyone for following along.

Well, I have loved your review, but the last picture really did it for me! We are Beagle people . See my avatar, she is our sixth and we love her as we did, all the rest. Bailey is lovely and I bet you'll make his day when you return home.

Well, I have loved your review, but the last picture really did it for me! We are Beagle people . See my avatar, she is our sixth and we love her as we did all the rest. Bailey is lovely and I bet you'll make his day when you return home.

Thanks, we are Beagle people as well. She is our first and have a feeling will always be Beagle people. Love your Beagle as well :)

Following along, great so far! We did the Solstice a few years back, last one of the season and it was great. I see that Brent Nixon and his wife, Miss Amanda are also on board. If you have a chance, go to one or more of their talks...def not boring, we enjoyed them very much!

Have fun!!

Cathy

I really enjoyed their talks on the Solstice in Alaska last July.

Coming along for the adventure....

Thank you for your review, enjoyed the pictures and the dailies. We are on Solstice in July. Did you by chance participate in the Seattle Luggage Valet service to Seattle SEATAC upon return?

We did not. But one important thing that I guess I need to share with everyone. My in-laws got off the ship around 8:30 AM and had a almost 1-1.5 hour wait to get a cab to the airport and we got off at 9:30 AM and the line was just as big. We decided to Uber and the uber pick up area was a good 5-7 walk away from the exit point. The taxi was flat fare of $40 to the airport and our uber cost $64. I’m not exaggerating this part but we pulled in right in front of my in-laws at the airport. So def was worth getting an uber if you see the taxi line is big and overall if it’s just two of you then worth doing the Celebrity provided airport transfer. Now it might have been because it was 1st cruise of the season into Seattle and we had a Royal Caribbean cruise ship also in port that day but the cruise port people def needed to organize things much better as far as traffic flow pattern.

Thanks so much for the review and for taking the time to post. We really loved following your trip - despite of the part where you nearly missed the ship after a delayed excursion. In Cairns I saw a couple of people missing the ship and it surely wasn't funny at all for them. Thank god that you both made it just in time.

Just one more question: is the Uber pick-up area easy to find? We will stay 1 night after the cruise in Seattle and don't want to waste our precious time at the port waiting for a taxi ....

I agree with the taxi lines, they were very long. We were booked on the Celebrity Airport Transfer and it was really easy. Got off the ship at 9.30 and walked straight to the coach and was on our way within 15 mins.

Have to admit that it was chaotic outside the terminal and needed to be more organised.

I agree with the taxi lines, they were very long. We were booked on the Celebrity Airport Transfer and it was really easy. Got off the ship at 9.30 and walked straight to the coach and was on our way within 15 mins.

Have to admit that it was chaotic outside the terminal and needed to be more organised.

Maherp, how much was the Celebrity Airport Transfer? Am considering booking a private van for 6 people. It may be less than the transfer.