New HAL Umbrella

jhannah

HAL probably looks at what will and won't sell,and at that price,and the colour,they're not likely to get many takers..except for obsessives.

Again,not being snarky but HAL know all too well that they have to throw a bone to the diehards every so often to please them.

I don't work for HAL do not know what they do or do not know and will not speak for them. They must know much more than some here give them credit . They have been in business, uninterrupted for a great many years. They must know quite bit about how to run a cruise line. Quite a bit more than me, for sure, and than mots, if not all t of the posters here.

;p

This reminds me of my first cruise to Alaska. I thought it would be great to bring an umbrella. The first time I used it was going down the gangway to the dock in Skagway. The wind was blowing strongly and promptly turned it inside out. I think I still packed an umbrella for a while after that, but I don't believe I ever used it again in Alaska. :)

They're good umbrellas-I won a blue HAL one at trivia and still use it.

We have ours, too, and they are very nice travel umbrellas. The new orange one isn't really fit for travel, IMO, but excellent for home use.

I wish they still gave nice prizes like that for trivia and other games. We've had nice mugs, key rings, travel pouches, etc. Now it's just a location pin.

Orange is currently a very popular color- paint, decor, clothing, etc. We just painted our guest bath a shade of orange, very similar to the umbrella orange, and everyone who comes into our new home comments how great it looks. Maybe HAL is now on the cutting edge of fashion for 2018.

Edited by peaches from georgia

We have ours, too, and they are very nice travel umbrellas. The new orange one isn't really fit for travel, IMO, but excellent for home use.

I wish they still gave nice prizes like that for trivia and other games. We've had nice mugs, key rings, travel pouches, etc. Now it's just a location pin.

Not even that anymore! Just some Dam dollars to redeem if you have enough. Its ok..we just play for fun anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not even that anymore! Just some Dam dollars to redeem if you have enough. Its ok..we just play for fun anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven’t seen Dam dollars on the ships in 11 years. Have you gotten them recently? What ship? What were you able to purchase with them?

I'd be shocked if anyone in the shops on the ships know what 'dam dollars' are. it has been so long since, Passport to Fitness. : )I would guess more than 15 years. :eek:

I think those are almost as extinct as the dodo bird! There weren't any on the Koningsdam earlier this month, and this is the first mention I've seen of them in a very long time.

We also just play for fun, although the nice prizes were great. I have a feeling they stopped those because 1) they're expensive, and, 2) nicer prizes turned some folks into cut-throat players.