champange questions

fatjay

Ive seen the premium drinks package includes champagne is it real? buy that i mean french champagne not the cheap mexican/usa stuff that isn't champagne i am guessing you can buy it on board the real french stuff

You should be able to get Perrier Jouet by the glass, possibly Tattinger.

Both are available but they are not included in the Premium beverage package, you would pay the difference between the Premium limit of $12 and the cost of a glass of either Perrier Jouet or Tattinger.

Champagne was recently available by the glass in the MDR as part of premium package on Silhouette (October).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are “champagnes” on the premium package but they are not the true French champagne the OP was asking about.

Their is no REAL Champagne available on the premium or classic package without a upcharge. Chandon is available by the glass on the premium. Whilst it is not traditional champagne, just sparkling wine it is founded by Moet and Chandon and although bottled in California it is in keeping with the traditional heritage of the french method.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...
For an inexpensive sparkling wine, Domaine Chandon is actually quite good (and probably better than a lot of cheap champagne). And I say that as a lover of champagne.

Agree, Domaine Chandon is made by Moët - and yes better than most cheaper champagnes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive seen the premium drinks package includes champagne is it real? buy that i mean french champagne not the cheap mexican/usa stuff that isn't champagne i am guessing you can buy it on board the real french stuff

Are you only concerned that it be "real" champagne from France? Because I've had some pretty awful (cheap) French champagnes, and some really decent sparking wines from various places that aren't France. Just because it's French doesn't automatically mean it's high quality OR that it will be to your particular taste. ;)

If you specify your preferred "French champagne" labels, I'm sure someone can let you know if it's available by the glass and/or bottle and at what price point on the ship.

Are you only concerned that it be "real" champagne from France? Because I've had some pretty awful (cheap) French champagnes, and some really decent sparking wines from various places that aren't France. Just because it's French doesn't automatically mean it's high quality OR that it will be to your particular taste. ;)

Agreed.

Now that the price limit for premium package has been raised to $15 hopefully there is some good champagnes included. Celebrity advertizes with champagne when they sell the package so it should be included in my opinion.

I would not hold out too much hope for this. Even at $15, it's unlikely to be very good champagne. At that price point, a good sparkling wine like Domaine Chandon will likely be better.

I would not hold out too much hope for this. Even at $15, it's unlikely to be very good champagne. At that price point, a good sparkling wine like Domaine Chandon will likely be better.

Yep, $15 is still a pretty low by-the-glass price for champagne/sparkling wine, IMHO.

Does michaels pour better champagnes if requested?

All the time and on reflection October 2017 made an awesome Peach Bellini with the house champers and peach snaps. Will be supping a glass or two this time next week.

All the time and on reflection October 2017 made an awesome Peach Bellini with the house champers and peach snaps. Will be supping a glass or two this time next week.

You poured peach schnapps into expensive Champagne?!? :eek:

Generally low-end sparkling wine, not Champagne, is used for Bellinis and Mimosas; the strong flavors of the cheap juice/spirits overwhelms the more delicate qualities that distinguishes good Champagne from run-of-mill sparkling. .