Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

Ever since we joined the early sign-up queue, I've been popping over, checking to see if there is any more 'news', since ship-tease -- sadly, nothing. I'm also checking the VV website, regularly. But, since neither DH nor I do FB, we don't have access to that info. So, if anyone sees any new press releases -- or even any well founded rumors ;), please post them here. Thanks! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Just popping in to clear out some of the cobwebs, here -- lol!;) But, as i'm getting ready for our upcoming Smooth Jazz Cruise (charter), I keep wondering what the live entertainment on Virgin will be like? Any ideas, or even better, rumors -- about what we might expect? :confused:

Thanks for posting that! Love the description of the design as being "red, white, and quirky"! Also, the red "Dr Who" phone booth, was a special touch! I can hardly wait to see what the ship interior looks like! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cruisehabits. I read the article and the one statement surprised me....that sales would start by the end of this year. On another article I read about the staffing of the sales force it was stated sales would start in the UK around August.

Adding to my bewilderment, VV responded to my query on Facebook about timing for the ship....Thay said they hoped to start up the summer of 2020. Then the ahead of VV made a statement that the ship should be delivered early 2020. So at this point I don’t know what to expect....but I plan on getting on that ship regardless.

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit I prefer to “unplug”. I see an increasing amount of people on ships using their iPads, phones and laptops .....

I always feel the social end of a cruise makes everything special. Meeting people from other places and walks of life is fun, educational and adds to the luxury of cruising. I’m not criticizing the internet addicts.....I am slowly reducing my phone time having recognized i seldom put it down....but to sit at dinner with people on their phones either texting or talking.....just plain rude.

Now you can internet while snorkeling....heaven forbid you should experience the serenity of the moment.

It’s just my opinion, but I’ll leave my devices in the cabin and enjoy the people, music, sights.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/18792-cruise-lines-get-in-on-april-fool-s-day-fun.html

Not 100% sure, but I think that "underwater wi-fi" article was a well-placed April Fool's joke (see link above). Brilliant, if you think about it. They got folks talking about their product again, and had some fun, in the process! ;p

Well if it was a joke, they got me good. But considering hoe “tech” ships are becoming, using you device to make onboard reservations, look up daily schedules and even place meal orders via your phone.....maybe the joke isn’t that far off. But they got me just the same.

Well if it was a joke, they got me good. But considering hoe “tech” ships are becoming, using you device to make onboard reservations, look up daily schedules and even place meal orders via your phone.....maybe the joke isn’t that far off. But they got me just the same.��

LOL, RMS -- at least we'll be sailing with a cruise line that has a sense of humor! ;)

• 4 weeks later...