Cabin under the pool

retiredman

Has anyone ever stayed in a DV1 category cabin located in the stern under the infinity pool? Did it present any problems with noise? My wife and I love the perspective from the aft end of the ship, especially cruising the fjords of Norway and Iceland. I doubt many people will be using the pool in latitudes that far North, even though we will be cruising in August. We will be on deck 5 on Viking Sky.

Thanks for the reassurance. We stayed in a stern cabin on a HAL Eurodam Med cruise and really enjoyed it. Sailing to and from Kotor, Montenegro through the fjords made us think what the fjords of Norway would be like. The trip is still a ways off but we are really looking forward to it.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone ever stayed in a DV1 category cabin located in the stern under the infinity pool? Did it present any problems with noise? My wife and I love the perspective from the aft end of the ship, especially cruising the fjords of Norway and Iceland. I doubt many people will be using the pool in latitudes that far North, even though we will be cruising in August. We will be on deck 5 on Viking Sky.

We had a very “interesting” experience on the Viking Sky in January. We were on Deck 3, in an aft Explorer Suite cabin. (This was a splurge for a VERY big occasion.). While standing outside on the deck, I felt water dripping on me. I assumed that somethign was being washed somewhere above me and didn’t think much more about it. Fast forward to after dinner, and the entire deck was soaked with water, including the furniture cushions. At this point, I looked up more closely, and noticed that water was splashing out of the pool and down the back of the ship - not a little, but quite a bit. The aft suites on decks 4, 5, and 6 were also getting wet. I called guest services, they were aware of the problem, and explained that they were working on it. After the middle of Day 3, we didn’t experience it again, so whatever was happening, they seemed to resolve it. Likely won’t be a problem for you, but wanted you to at least be aware of what can happen. In terms of noise, no worries whatsoever. They really have the soundproofing down to a fine art on these ships.