Are there places you wish cruises would stop going to?

ilikeanswers

Have you ever been on a cruise where you thought the route or ports of call were not very good or perhaps you thought certain places were not suited to cruise style travel and are better visited in other ways :confused:

Perhaps a better question would be "...where you thought the ... ports of call were..." TOO GOOD.

The cruise industry has already ruined most of the Caribbean - turning it into a WalMart parking lot.

But, then again, maybe continuing to direct the thundering herds on mega-ships to that area will allow some other destinations to remain desirable/viable at least for a few more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everywhere I have been has had its own charms (even Copenhagen and Messina) so theres no place they should stop going to.

However, I think there should be less ships in the Caribbean and more ships everywhere else.

Keep in mind the Caribbean and the Bahamas is less expensive for many. ;p;p

Have you ever been on a cruise where you thought the route or ports of call were not very good or perhaps you thought certain places were not suited to cruise style travel and are better visited in other ways :confused:

No. If I didn't think the ports we worth visiting, I wouldn't be on that cruise in the first place. Who in the world takes a cruise to ports they don't like?

I have no problem with cruises going to places I am not interested in. My interests in ports are mine. Other people may have different interests. Nothing wrong with that. If people like those ports, then I am glad there are cruises that go there for them to enjoy.

Australian beach destinations like Lizard Island during stinger season.

I thought that Falmouth in Jamaica would be wonderful if it weren't for the people who thought they could sell us something or guide us every 2 minutes. Sometimes it was very difficult to get rid of them and we returned to the ship when one person followed us into the yard of a historic building. I understand there is poverty, but this is not how you treat visitors who would be spending money if there were anything worth spending it on. We bought rum cake and handmade bracelets inside the protected port area.

Really? Why, please

I spent a lot of time in Key West in the late 80's and early 90's and still know people there. I returned recently on a day when three cruise ships landed within hours of each other and learned a once idyllic and peaceful community sold its soul to the big boats and the big money that comes with them. Being accosted at 11 in the morning by drunk Germans demanding, "Ver ist der Schloppy Choes?" isn't something I'll remember fondly.

Seems to me that 2 of the most disliked ports here are :

Nassau = Is it just Boring ?

Jamaica = Aggressive locals? .

If you asked the same question 30 years ago , it would probably be the same 2 ports

as they are always heavily visited and things have not changed much.

Come to think about it, I actually hope more ships go to ports I do not want to visit - that would result in the ports I do like being less crowded. All I have to do is avoid the ones going places I do not appreciate.

GOOD Point.... You re So right. :)