A Redneck Review of a Caribbean Cruise: Reflection April 02-13, 2018

RedneckBob

Hi y'all Redneck Bob hear;

Me & the Misses just completed a wonderful 11 day cruise, April 02-13 onboard the elegant and beautiful Celebrity Reflection from Port Everglades. Before I begin my review I wish to inform you all that these are my opinions only and may not represent any other on this cruise. The names were changed to protect me.

This was a great cruise with a few exceptions that was brought up in a prior thread by me, "a Reflection of a bad start to a cruise", where we ran into all kinds of problem during embarkation from delays due to computer issues, the Suites people going ahead of us even though we had been in line for 1-1/2 hours and I considered us to be "Sweet People" and then the fire alarm in the terminal where over 1000 people had to exit the building. After taking over 2 hours to board the ship once we were called to board I then remembered we returned from our cruise on Friday the 13th. :eek: But things worked out and we had no problems at disembarking.

The Misses & I made our usually 5 hour drive from outside Tampa Florida, stopping at Cracker Barrel for my eggs and biscuits outside Naples and then proceeded to the port.

Cabin: We had one of those "double wide" and spacious inside cabins on I believe Deck -3. It was so low in the ship that we had this door on our cabin wall with a sign above the door that stated, "Close door after shoveling Coal". ;p And I thought this was a new ship! I would have posted pictures of the cabin but I did not think I had enough film for my Brownie camera for this cruise. Maybe next time. as far as our Cabin Steward; he was excellent. Never saw him most of the time. Several times tried to help him since he seemed very busy. Each day I would fold the toilet paper into one of those points. Well I guess he got confused and may have thought we were not using the toilet paper and began leaving on our pillows instead of chocolates a couple of prunes :eek:

Dining: We had anytime or select dining. Food was very good. Was able to sit at same table every night next to the window, Table 536. Waiter and his assistant were excellent.

Entertainment: Eight of the 11 nites of the cruise was 8 different professional entertainers. Not as good as prior cruises except the last nite there was this great comedian. He told a story about me. Several years ago I went to apply for Social Security and forgot my ID. The Social Security lady said, "Redneck Bob, you need ID to apply". I thought a minute and un buttoned by shirt and there was a chest full of gray hairs; not on my head of course. She looked at me and said, I guess you are over 65 and we will accept your application. When I got home I told the Misses what happened and she replied, "Bob, if you had dropped your drawers you probably would have received disability :D

Bars and Cafe: Always like bars and coffee cafe on Celebrity. Everyone was very nice and remembered your favorite drinks.

Ports of Call: All great except I did not get off ship in Columbia. I had heard this was a dangerous place. In fact back home we use to be across the street from this little airport in Pasco County Florida. It was called the Greater Pasco County Airport Internationa, maybe because it had non stop flights between Odessa, Fl and Bogota, Columbia :eek:

ABC Islands were outstanding with Bonaire the best; snorkeled with thousands of fish off the reef at Kleine Bonaire. In Aruba took City Bus to Eagle Beach; it was beautiful. in Curacao went to Mambo Beach early in the morning and thank goodness we did. Three ships in port and by noon you could barely and mean barely (and I do not mean Orient Beach in St Maarten if you know what I mean) see the sea due to so many people on the water. Forgot Grand Cayman. did not go ashore, too many ships. One more thing, the weather was great at every port except Columbia.

Well that's about all for now. Look forward to doing this cruise again in November.

I'm Redneck Bob and I see it like I tell it, I mean tell it like I see it

Thanks for the mini-review! We just booked the same cruise/same ship for this November - and I must be a redneck too, because we got us one of them fancy inside cabins! I cannot wait!!!

We may be on same cruise with RedneckBob.

Edited by G&G
Wrong comment

Cracking up at everything, especially at the TP and prunes.

Would love to hear what your tablemates thought of you. Would share a table with you anytime.

We had the same table for two at dinner next to the window. Every night there were a different couple every night next to us. It certainly wasn't cause of us :D

Great review! If you get sick of the fancy double wide inside cabin, you could get a job onboard as a comedian and move down to the crew quarters. You are funnier than many of the ones I've seen onboard. :D

Well, thank you vtcruising.

I try to lighten up these hear threads. One thing I did not talk about was on board trivia. Though I did not attend I did get a sampling of several questions after I arrived at the Ensamble Bar where Trivia had just finished. There was this couple who had just competed. I asked them can you get me sampling of the questions at trivia. They started with question #1

What countries fought in the 100 Year War. I guessed England and France. Correct !

Question #2. How long was the 100 Year War? Well of course it's 100 years. That's like asking me who is buried in Grants Tomb. Wrong. It was 116 years. Now how stupid is that. Two countries who don't know that 100 years is not 116 years.

Question #3. What famous actor spoke the lines in a movie, I'll be back? Well everyone knows that Arnold.

Doing pretty good.

Question #4. What are the first three words of the Bible?

After careful consideration, "I'll Be Back" :eek:

Edited by RedneckBob
Correct word

Cartegena, Colombia is a very beautiful and SAFE city. You missed one of the best ports of call. Should have done some homework first, instead of relying on old outdated stereotypes.

You maybe right but all those modern high rise condos were probably not built with clean money if you know what I mean :eek:

Well, thank you vtcruising.

I try to lighten up these hear threads. One thing I did not talk about was on board trivia. Though I did not attend I did get a sampling of several questions after I arrived at the Ensamble Bar where Trivia had just finished. There was this couple who had just competed. I asked them can you get me sampling of the questions at trivia. They started with question #1

What countries fought in the 100 Year War. I guessed England and France. Correct !

Question #2. How long was the 100 Year War? Well of course it's 100 years. That's like asking me who is buried in Grants Tomb. Wrong. It was 116 years. Now how stupid is that. Two countries who don't know that 100 years is not 116 years.

Question #3. What famous actor spoke the lines in a movie, I'll be back? Well everyone knows that Arnold.

Doing pretty good.

Question #4. What are the first three words of the Bible?

After careful consideration, "I'll Be Back" :eek:

You are one funny guy!

Cracking up at everything, especially at the TP and prunes.

Would love to hear what your tablemates thought of you. Would share a table with you anytime.

I don't know if the words "cracking up" is appropriate when talking about TP and prunes :D

Enjoyed the review, thanks.:)

Thanks Host Clarea and Bob. I like that name!

Well, I awaken this morning and low and behold there was someone else on our cruise with a review and lots of pictures. Got to see what a suite looked like. Quite different from by inside "Double Wide" cabin. Got to see a great looking dessert. I guess I could have taken a picture at the Cracker Barrel in Naples, Fl of my grits but you might thought it was sand. Maybe I should have taken a picture because that was the last time I saw grits for 11 days.

Since the posters told a little about themselves I decided to do the same hear. I was raised on a farm in South Alabama and at the age of 17 became an entremanure. That's right started retrieving, hauling and selling manure from our farm and other farms. I was CMS of the company. CMS stands for Chief Manure Shoveler. Well, I got so busy that I brought several pickups and had these catchy phases on the trucks like, "Our Truck Stinks" or "We Spread it Around". The rest is history and the money I have made has allow me to enjoy the finer things in life; like cruising.

PS: next time I will take pictures. I would take it from my phone but I am probably the only guy who has a cell phone with rotary dial :eek:

PS: next time I will take pictures. I would take it from my phone but I am probably the only guy who has a cell phone with rotary dial :eek:

RNB - with all due respect...

We have enough pictures of food on this site.

We need more of your wit and wisdom, not more pictures.

Thanks Host Clarea and Bob. I like that name!

Well, I awaken this morning and low and behold there was someone else on our cruise with a review and lots of pictures. Got to see what a suite looked like. Quite different from by inside "Double Wide" cabin. Got to see a great looking dessert. I guess I could have taken a picture at the Cracker Barrel in Naples, Fl of my grits but you might thought it was sand. Maybe I should have taken a picture because that was the last time I saw grits for 11 days.

Since the posters told a little about themselves I decided to do the same hear. I was raised on a farm in South Alabama and at the age of 17 became an entremanure. That's right started retrieving, hauling and selling manure from our farm and other farms. I was CMS of the company. CMS stands for Chief Manure Shoveler. Well, I got so busy that I brought several pickups and had these catchy phases on the trucks like, "Our Truck Stinks" or "We Spread it Around". The rest is history and the money I have made has allow me to enjoy the finer things in life; like cruising.

Well, Red.. I'm a bit more soficated then you ! I was borned and still live in Georgia, but I gotta admit you are a LOT better of a shoveler (but then everybody is who's from Ala-bygod-bamy!) specially when it comes too truth AND football !. LOVE your takes on cruising AND our southern outlook on it.;p

Mac

We had the same table for two at dinner next to the window. Every night there were a different couple every night next to us. It certainly wasn't cause of us :D

MDR Host: "Unfortunately, Sir, we have a forty-five minute wait OR you can sit next to Bob and His Missus right now".

Sir: "We would rather wait forty-five minutes. I've read about Bob on Cruise Critic". (Admins, this is satire)