Mumbai- port area and taxi availability

theduffys

We will be embarking the Viking Orion on Sat, Sept. 8 and over nighting in port. On Sun. morning we would love to get a taxi to the nearest Catholic Church for Mass. Is that possible? Would the driver be willing to return for us after an hour?

We will be embarking the Viking Orion on Sat, Sept. 8 and over nighting in port. On Sun. morning we would love to get a taxi to the nearest Catholic Church for Mass. Is that possible? Would the driver be willing to return for us after an hour?

I recently disembarked from a cruise ship in Mumbai prior to having had an overnight (Saturday) in port. Port security is very tight in Mumbai and very few registered taxis are permitted inside to pick up at the cruise terminal building - I saw a few even on Sunday morning. However, if there are none there then the port authority runs a shuttle bus the short distance from the terminal building to the port gate and you can easily get one there. Mumbai traffic is very quiet on a Sunday morning so I can't imagine it would be a problem to get the same driver to either come back and pick you up, or wait for you, after dropping you at the church to attend Mass...

Anne..

We disembarked this last Sunday the 29th from our Oceania cruise. As Anne stated light traffic but airport security tight.

I would suggest contacting a tour operator and arrange your day. They would suggest a church for you to attend. And drop you off at your hotel.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app

We disembarked this last Sunday the 29th from our Oceania cruise. As Anne stated light traffic but airport security tight.

I would suggest contacting a tour operator and arrange your day. They would suggest a church for you to attend. And drop you off at your hotel.

Thanks for the advice, however, we would want to get a taxi at the cruise port and be delivered back there.

That in my opinion would be a mistake. There's a shuttle from the ship to the front entrance of the port.

You will be mobbed by 20 men wanting to take you.

Arrange before hand to have someone pick you up at the pier.