Rgent Boutiques

We will have a rather generous on board credit from our TA. We are content with the included wines and spirits and have selected free tours. What clothing lines, what kinds of jewelry do they have in the boutiques?

We will have a rather generous on board credit from our TA. We are content with the included wines and spirits and have selected free tours. What clothing lines, what kinds of jewelry do they have in the boutiques?

I am currently on the Mariner and can tell you that they have a limited selection of apparel to include logo ware as well as some major brands such as Polo. There is also a variety of jewelry and watches available. If you want to spend your OBC you should be able to spend it quick as a flash.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be on Mariner soon. Previously we were on the Navigator. A few years back we were on a Crystal Cruise with fantastic clothing offerings and sales staff— Joseph Ribkoff clothing among others,. It was never equaled on any other cruises whether Crystal, Regent, or other lines— I think it was the sales manager aboard who displayed and advised so well. It’s a good “problem” to have to decide what to buy!

Edited by whoopie
typo

On our last Voyager cruise in February, the boutique launched the sale of John Hardy jewelry. It is wonderful, in our humble opinions, and the boutique prices are same as retail prices. It was our best use of OBC’s, perhaps even better than for Regent Choice excursions, which can be hit or miss....

Pat and Marg

Per my DW, a "professional" shopper: 'The Furla bags are well priced at or below retail in D.C. area. If you see one you like buy it as they have limited quantities; on the other hand new merchandise appears throughout the cruise - talk to the Boutique manager'. She would have posted this (and more) herself but she is also a "professional" painter - now doing the kitchen woodwork!

I agree the selections are limited and the prices high. If you like Mary Frances bags (like I do), they have a nice selection. I have bought several. On a Mariner cruise a few years back there was a nice selection of jewelry. On our Voyager cruise last October there wasn't much to choose from. Some pieces from a Venetian designer. I bought some because I had to spend my OBC. If you don't you lose it. I hope they have more variety on your cruise and you find things you like.

I've purchased a Furla bag and another time a wallet. I don't typically pay $200 for a wallet but, as has been said, it is a way to spend OBC's. What I have appreciated is their Citizen watches that do not have batteries and are solar powered. I've had one for about 3 years and it works perfectly and purchased another one last month. They run in the range of $300 - $350. For a while I was buying the cheaper ones (DKNY) that I only used on cruises but found that the batteries were usually dead whenever I wanted them so I decided that the solar powered were better.

In general, I do not like the selection in the Boutique but would rather buy something that reminds me of the cruise instead of having massages (which my DH does).

Yes, I considered but rejected the spa. I get an occasional massage at home from a provider who values my repeat business and is accordingly as gentle as my I may require. And I get pedicures at a place whose cleanliness is impeccable from a technician who understands my issues and stops if I need her to. I cruise only once a year so I don’t have the same relationship or clout with the providers aboard ship. The shops seem like a better venue.

I don’t think you can generalize about a ship’s boutique selection or inventory. While Regent may have several preferred brands and vendors, inventory and restocking are the key parameters. We are currently on the Voyager (Bangkok to Dubai) and inventory is running low. I purchased an expensive Ralph Lauren shirt on the first day and wife purchased a Mary Frances purse. Both items are now out of stock. Boutique manager says that ship won’t be restocked until June. So, if you see something you like, jump on it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Explorer now, the lack of any basics in the shops is obvious. No Regent branded goods either , golf caps , t-shirts etc. All upper brands or watches in the $1000's, as a result are rarely many customers in there. This is what only a small class of the guests want not those in concierge and downwards.

On Explorer now, the lack of any basics in the shops is obvious. No Regent branded goods either , golf caps , t-shirts etc. All upper brands or watches in the $1000's, as a result are rarely many customers in there. This is what only a small class of the guests want not those in concierge and downwards.

There are some Regent branded goods but you have to look for them. I forget which shop they are in but they were all the way to the back and then to the left. They have jackets, caps, bears, cups, etc.

Pity...those same OBC dollars would buy so much at the local Mall or at Amazon.com.

You are so right!

rallydave - most of us appreciate the OBC's as well as the rebates that we receive from our TA's. The OBC's enable us to take Regent Choice excursions, go to the Connoisseur Wine Lunch, use the spa, purchase special wines, etc. And, although expensive, it can be fun to purchase something for yourself or others that you typically would not buy.

On the occasions that we've given money as a gift, I like to say to the recipient to please not spend the $$ on something you "need." Be frivolous, spend it on something you wouldn't ordinarily buy, something that you'd enjoy, but wouldn't usually spend money on. OBC's, whatever they're used for, are kind of like that. But it sure is a little uncomfortable-making to spend $$ on a lark. As people have remarked in the past, it'd be good if OBC could be used for Crew Fund.