Eva Airlines & Singapore Hotel

cruising in

We will be cruising out of Singapore on Feb 2/19 and wondering if anyone has used Eva airlines. We will fly Business class on points from Vancouver to Ho Chi Min on Eva, then Singapore air from there. Any problems with either airlines?Also, looking at staying at the Oasia Downtown Singapore hotel. Anyone stayed here?

Flew business class on points on EVA from Singapore to Vancouver earlier this year. Great airline and service. Singapore Air is great too. Can't help out with hotel but check for reviews on many sites.

Sorry no experience with that hotel....but I could certainly recommend the Royal Plaza on Scott's Road...great hotel and location...will definitely stay there again.

We will be cruising out of Singapore on Feb 2/19 and wondering if anyone has used Eva airlines. We will fly Business class on points from Vancouver to Ho Chi Min on Eva, then Singapore air from there. Any problems with either airlines?Also, looking at staying at the Oasia Downtown Singapore hotel. Anyone stayed here?

Both excellent airlines, they are among the best in the commercial airlines industry. Both are known for their customers services. EVA is using Boeing 777 for their route between YVR & TPE. You will enjoy the "bed" and their business class services. You can even select your meals prior to departure (I think 30 days ahead).

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

We took Eva to Taipei last month. Great service. Decent food and you will not believe that during a 16 hour flight, the flight attendants keep the washrooms absolutely impeccable. We were impressed. Not a pigsty as per the Air Canada flight we took back home to Toronto last week. Flight attendants very pleasant, no grumpiness at all. Wow, what a pleasure to fly Eva. Last year we flow Singapore Airlines to Hong Kong and then on to Singapore and again, very cheerful flight attendants, immaculate washrooms, a choice of Western or Chinese food, Hagen Daaz ice cream. Real cutlery (also on Eva), comfortable seats (and we were in Economy) and enjoyed the long flights. Eva and Singapore Airlines outdo ten times over North American Airlines. Would not hesitate to book them again.

We are just leaving Singapore after staying at the new Andaz Singapore for 5 days...

OMG! Never ever before have we ever felt so welcome and at home at any hotel - and we do travel a lot.

The Andaz is a concept by Hyatt - luxurious but fresh and casual. The staff has literally moved us to tears with their genuine friendliness. We are just waiting for our flight at the airport and it is one of the rare times that I am sad to go home.

Singapore Airlines is our favorite airline. Far superior to any American or European airline - even in economy.

You will enjoy your business class flight (Royal Laurel) on EVA. Pre-order your meals. You will also get the cute mini Rimowa amenity kit after you settled comfortably in your seat. Here are some pictures of the EVA lounge in Taipei and a few photos of our flight. Have a wonderful flight!

• 2 weeks later...

We loved our business class flights on Eva so much last year we booked again for Asia. Love the attentive polite service, food and the amenity kit, but the best part is their slippers and pajamas! On our flight home to Toronto, the temp dropped from 30C in Cebu to -30C in Toronto and we did not have warm weather clothes as we spent our 7 weeks only in SE Asia. The flight attendants offered us each 2 pairs of pajamas to layer when we got off the plane in Toronto so we'd be warm getting home. And I agree about the spotless bathrooms. They cleaned between every passenger and the ones in business class are spacious.

• 2 months later...
Flew business class on points on EVA from Singapore to Vancouver earlier this year. Great airline and service. Singapore Air is great too. Can't help out with hotel but check for reviews on many sites.

Hi Jack - I read that you did the Windstar Star Legend to Philippines. I will be going on this cruise January 2019 and am finding it really difficult to find info on the ports of call. Would you be able to share any info you experienced at ports e.g. independent tour companies; tours that you did and can recommend. Would appreciate it if you could email me at gypsyjennifer@hotmail.com

Nice Hotel in good location and near the MRT so very convenient for travelling around Singapore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, please support my national carrier, Singapore Airlines! I make many flight review videos and here are just two.

Singapore Airlines in Economy (long-haul) - Airbus A350

cCOdy19VpoI

Singapore Airlines in Business (long-haul) - Airbus A380

r9ocU6H2bWc

Take note, there are two Oasia hotels. One is at Novena, and the other one at Downtown. So give the correct address to your taxi driver!

Edited by Iluvcruising2
Wrong info