Your antidote for end-of-cruise blues

Twitchly

I spend a lot of time here answering questions. I would re-live my cruise with every answer. Read different posts learning tips for the future cruise. Follow life threads. Little by little end-of-cruise blahs become sweet memories :)

• Like 1

I spend a lot of time here answering questions. I would re-live my cruise with every answer. Read different posts learning tips for the future cruise. Follow life threads. Little by little end-of-cruise blahs become sweet memories :)

(y)

Yes!! Exactly!!

• 4 weeks later...
I know most of you will say “book another trip,” so let’s make that a given. What other antidotes do you have to defeat those end-of-cruise blahs?

Making new friends on cruses and keep in contact via phone and or e-mail to discuss the cruise you were both on and future cruises.

• 5 months later...

I'm getting bored with the same topics that have been on page one for weeks now. We need something different to talk about, so I am reviving some older threads.

On 5/12/2018 at 4:16 PM, Twitchly said:

I know most of you will say “book another trip,” so let’s make that a given. What other antidotes do you have to defeat those end-of-cruise blahs?

How do you fight those end of trip blues?

Me, after they drag me kicking and screaming from the ship, I come home and sleep it off for a week--and then start working on the next adventure while hanging out on the Viking forums here on CC.

39 minutes ago, tubeamps said:

I guess I’m the odd one here. After 3 weeeks away from home I look forward to going home, no end of cruise blues here.

Me either!  I have loved every minute of every one of the cruises we have taken with Viking but always look forward to getting back home ... although I love travelling with my daughter (we always have a great time!) I really do miss the big lug I married 44 years ago!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, molymoo said:

Me either!  I have loved every minute of every one of the cruises we have taken with Viking but always look forward to getting back home ... although I love travelling with my daughter (we always have a great time!) I really do miss the big lug I married 44 years ago!

I don’t have a daughter so it’s travel with the “lug” (who isn’t 🤭). No need to come home. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1