Do aussies get benefit of cruise price.drops??

Hi fellow Aussie cruisers.

Do we get the cruise price drop if before final payment your cruise comes down in price as the Americans seem to get. Did book upcoming cruise whilst on board last cruise, however now being managed by local ta.

CHEERS Bob.

Do we get the cruise price drop if before final payment your cruise comes down in price as the Americans seem to get. Did book upcoming cruise whilst on board last cruise, however now being managed by local ta.

CHEERS Bob.

Bob, we booked a Princess cruise and a few weeks go saw the price had come down. I called Princess and managed to obtain a price drop of $120 on our cabin. It was only possible I was told because the promotion we booked the cruise under was still going.

For our cruise earlier this year we were unable to obtain a price reduction through our TA who told me they won't re-fare if the price has dropped once you have booked. This is one of the reasons we have booked directly with Princess for our upcoming cruise.

Leigh

CHEERS Bob.

it depends who you book with and depending on the fare & category you have, if you have any OBC or other benefits and if the price drops you could lose any benefits you have so you have to weigh up what you receive and is it worth it

I've had refares both direct with Princess and through a TA. Obviously it has to be before final payment, you have to ask for the price drop while the promotion is still active and (usually) it has to be a promotion that isn't "new bookings only" although that can vary depending on who you talk to at Princess.

But it pays to do the sums. You usually lose any perks from your original booking when you refare so you need to check whether the price drop is, in fact, a benefit.

We currently have 3 cruises booked - one with Princess and two (B2B) with P&O.

I have already had next year's Princess cruise refared twice. We lost the original perks but are still $200 per person better off and kept the same booking number and cabin. The current price has risen again and is approximately $200 pp more than our refared cost.

P&O reduced one of the cruises considerably a few weeks ago. They would not refare and I had to lose the $500 deposit and rebook (new number). Even after doing this, we are still $275 pp better off regarding cost and are booked in an oceanview room instead of an inside.

P&O have again reduced prices on both cruises (after final payment) but I would have to completely cancel and rebook and as we are close to sailing may not be able to get on these cruises.

Our general observation is that it is better to book early with Princess where you can pick your cabin number and refare if you see a better deal. For P&O, (unless it is a specific cruise/date that you require), booking last minute may be more beneficial.

We got 2 price drops on 3 upcoming Princess cruises, booking direct with Princess website. We left the original money on and jumped from balcony to mini suite at same original balcony price for all three. No worries.:')

We are doing celebrity solstice again. Thanks guys.

I haven't ever noticed any price drops on Celebrity, especially on the NZ itineraries. We book the next cruise while onboard and get the slight discount on the cabin price (or as they put it, a one category cabin upgrade) plus OBC. Every time I've checked the Celebrity prices they've never been better than what I booked at originally.

Does anybody know what RCI policy is on price drop issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RCI have changed their booking system now, they have a non refundable and refundable deposit so depending on how you booked the cruise and if you booked direct and before final payment with a refundable deposit you should be ok....if you booked with a travel agent it depends on their terms & conditions

i havent heard how a non refundable deposit works in regards to price drops but i'd say you couldnt do it as you would most likely have to cancel and rebook to get the cheaper price and not sure if you would gain anything....have to do your sums

Does anybody know what RCI policy is on price drop issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have had a number of price drops on RCI lately - only on refundable bookings.

Usually they have to cancel the booking and rebook - and they now can retain the same stateroom for you and just move your deposit to the new booking number.

We are doing celebrity solstice again. Thanks guys.

After final payment, Ive been able to get a free upgrade to the next category, but no refund, however prior to final payment, Ive had no issue having the fare repriced. It maybe slightly different now depending on wether you have a refundable or non refundable deposit.

2 experiences of this. First with RCI - booked on board and was given a generic "flyer" about price protection, or free rebooking. Seems they didn't distinguish between US and AUS bookings, so when we wanted to rebook and then seek better prices, we were told we could have one change only. I think we eventually let that cruise go (losing our deposit).

Do we get the benefit of cruise price drops - not really.

2nd with Celebrity - in this case (again we had made an earlier change and were told that was our last!) we cancelled (lost our deposit) and rebooked, but saved over $1000 and ended up with a better cabin.

I got the best price drop last Christmas Eve on a Celebrity cruise. I had booked with my TA, selected cabin etc but had not paid. I was just checking on the Celebrity website to see what cabins where still available when I noticed a A$3000 drop!! I put a hold on another cabin, just in case, and then rang my TA who was able to get my original cabin with the OBC at the new price.

The only hassle was the stream of emails from Celebrity reminding me about the new cabin I no longer wanted.

It has never happened to me before but from now on I will be checking prices daily once I decide on a cruise. No idea where the drop came from. My TA certainly had not been advised. I do think that because I had not yet paid a deposit it was possible.

Best Christmas present ever.