Indian Buffet options and choices

kjbacon

We are about one month out from our first Azamara cruise and we are so excited! Time to start dotting i’s and crossing t’s!

My husband really dislikes Indian food while I absolutely love the cuisine, one of my favorites. My question is about that buffet ... are all of the dishes Indian or will there be other options for him? I hate to miss it.

One option you have is to have dinner at the Patio. You can get your dinner from the adjacent Indian buffet and he can order off the Patio Grill menu. I have had to do this I adore Indian food but husband has food allergies

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love Indian food too and the Azamara Indian buffet has some truly delicious Indian food. However my friends (apart from one who knows who he is!) do not enjoy Indian food but unfortunately there are no other options available at the Windows buffet on Indian night.

However it is would be very easy for your husband to pop into The Patio next door and then bring something from the menu there to Windows buffet and join you. The Patio has several grilled meat and fish options and really quite good burgers too. It's not a problem at all.

I believe our main dining room, Discoveries Restaurant, will offer something from the Indian Buffet on its World Cuisine menu as well. The night’s menu will be posted outside the restaurant all day so check there.

We are about one month out from our first Azamara cruise and we are so excited! Time to start dotting i’s and crossing t’s!

My husband really dislikes Indian food while I absolutely love the cuisine, one of my favorites. My question is about that buffet ... are all of the dishes Indian or will there be other options for him? I hate to miss it.

Definitely don't miss it! The non-Indian options are very limited so I agree that going to the Patio is something you could do to suit both of you and give your husband more choice. Only thing you'll miss is sitting outside at the back on the Sunset Veranda if the weather is good. Something I love to do. The naan bread is delicious as is the butter chicken. Well, it's all good!

Phil

My husband also enjoys Indian food and sadly I do not, so what we have done in the past, is we pop up to the buffet and my husband has a starter of Indian food we then go down to discoveries a bit later on and have our dinner[emoji3] I don’t think the patio was open for dinner, when we were last on Azamara, or maybe we just hadn’t realised it was, but that sounds like a good option too, especially on a nice evening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband also enjoys Indian food and sadly I do not, so what we have done in the past, is we pop up to the buffet and my husband has a starter of Indian food we then go down to discoveries a bit later on and have our dinner[emoji3] I don’t think the patio was open for dinner, when we were last on Azamara, or maybe we just hadn’t realised it was, but that sounds like a good option too, especially on a nice evening.

F

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is and it lets one person enjoy the full starter, salads, mains, desserts, breads you name it of the wonderful Indian buffet

I just looked at the deck plans and this makes great sense, thank you! I hadn’t realized that they were right next door to each other.

How far in advance can you find out the dining themes in Windows?

I believe our main dining room, Discoveries Restaurant, will offer something from the Indian Buffet on its World Cuisine menu as well. The night’s menu will be posted outside the restaurant all day so check there.
Yes, butter chicken every time on my last two cruises on Journey.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

I just looked at the deck plans and this makes great sense, thank you! I hadn’t realized that they were right next door to each other.

How far in advance can you find out the dining themes in Windows?

Should be in the cruise booklet delivered first night. If you want to find out sooner ask any of the maitre ds at the desk at the entrance of Windows on embarking

Should be in the cruise booklet delivered first night. If you want to find out sooner ask any of the maitre ds at the desk at the entrance of Windows on embarking

Maybe different between ships, on our recent Quest cruise, it was neither in the Insider nor The Voyager booklet, both provided at the beginning of the cruise. However all the details were on the speciality booking desks in both the Civitavecchia Terminal and Windows on our cruise.

And if you want to know the Discoveries dining room menu’s in advance, the whole cruise menus are shown in advance on the interactive TV screens in your stateroom.

Maybe different between ships, on our recent Quest cruise, it was neither in the Insider nor The Voyager booklet, both provided at the beginning of the cruise. However all the details were on the speciality booking desks in both the Civitavecchia Terminal and Windows on our cruise.

And if you want to know the Discoveries dining room menu’s in advance, the whole cruise menus are shown in advance on the interactive TV screens in your stateroom.

Does just the buffet do the Indian food? If we go to the MDR, will we have other choices that night?

Does just the buffet do the Indian food? If we go to the MDR, will we have other choices that night?

Yes. There will be one "world cuisine" item from the Indian menu (butter chicken, often) and one chef's special choice item in addition to the regular Discoveries menu for the evening,The two specialties and The Patio will have their usual menus, with the latter also often offering the world cuisine item.

Yes. There will be one "world cuisine" item from the Indian menu (butter chicken, often) and one chef's special choice item in addition to the regular Discoveries menu for the evening,The two specialties and The Patio will have their usual menus, with the latter also often offering the world cuisine item.

That's what I've found too.

Thank you for the help!