question about LeClub Voyage points awarded to someone sailing solo in a cabin

tango9

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. Now that Nicole Lucas has moved on, I called Le Club Voyage to only be given confusing information. The person told me that a person sailing solo in a cabin is only awarded the standard one person points per night, not the double points per night. The website appears to have changed on my sailing history and it now shows less points for two sailings on Azamara last year when I sailed solo in a cabin. Odd, as well, is that I just disembarked the Journey , sailing solo for 18 nights and WAS awarded the double points for that sailing. The prior two were not. I wonder if it is something to do with the new website showing points now, not just sailing history, and somehow making mistakes.

For those that have sailed solo in a cabin, were you awarded double points for LeClub Voyage?

I feel that I may have a fight ahead, with them requiring some proof that I sailed solo.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

I know there are many solo sailors here Thanks!!

I think the conversion from old points to the new points happened in 2013. In 2015 another change was made to allow solo traveler to earn more (as well as more points for veranda cabins). Beginning sometime in 2015, solo travelers on Azamara were awarded the total points that the cabin would have earned if there were two passangers instead of the solo (so double points). On Celebrity, I believe solo travelers earn less (125%) regardless of price paid for the cabin.

Like Grandma says, look on Celebrity cruise history to see all this.

That is not correct information. If you sail solo you should get double points. I would pursue it with them and they will know that you were a solo cruiser. They will have a record so there will be no need to prove it. Nicole was the go to person. I'm not sure who is dealing with queries like this now and it's worrying that you got duff info.

Phil

I think the conversion from old points to the new points happened in 2013. In 2015 another change was made to allow solo traveler to earn more (as well as more points for veranda cabins). Beginning sometime in 2015, solo travelers on Azamara were awarded the total points that the cabin would have earned if there were two passangers instead of the solo (so double points). On Celebrity, I believe solo travelers earn less (125%) regardless of price paid for the cabin.

Like Grandma says, look on Celebrity cruise history to see all this.

That is not correct either. On Celebrity it's double points regardless of price point.

Phil

I have sailed solo many times and I have always got the double points with Azamara. A couple of times I had to request the help of Nicole to make sure that this is the case. Who told you that you only get single points? That is not right unless there were changes. But if there were changes, those changes must be provided on the written form.

Ivi

Thank you , all, for verifying that we solo travelers do indeed earn double points. I knew that Phil and travelberlin would know all the rules.

If you go to the Celebrity Captain;s Club website you will see that each past sailing has the points awarded. I had not checked that website for months, but I do remember my total points on it in the past. On the old version, my points were correct. Now, my first time on the new version, and after I finished another Azamara solo cabin cruise, I checked to find the numbers were incorrect on two sailings.

So two Azamara sailings( 2017) in which I sailed solo in a cabin, had only single points awarded. I called the exclusive LeClub Voyage number and spoke to a woman who was clueless. She kept telling me that solos in a cabin do not earn double points. She put me on hold for ten minutes and came back and verified this again. She said that I was incorrectly awarded too many points on my recent sailing on Journey last month . That sailing actually was correct in giving me the double points. I feel that I am in inept hands there. I did email LeClub Voyage and hopefully this will be corrected, but who knows. Maybe Bonnie could help too.

I think it might be wise to others to check their points awarded on this new webpage.

I will keep you posted and thanks for your help( or any more you could give)!

Cheryl

Thank you , all, for verifying that we solo travelers do indeed earn double points. I knew that Phil and travelberlin would know all the rules.

If you go to the Celebrity Captain;s Club website you will see that each past sailing has the points awarded. I had not checked that website for months, but I do remember my total points on it in the past. On the old version, my points were correct. Now, my first time on the new version, and after I finished another Azamara solo cabin cruise, I checked to find the numbers were incorrect on two sailings.

So two Azamara sailings( 2017) in which I sailed solo in a cabin, had only single points awarded. I called the exclusive LeClub Voyage number and spoke to a woman who was clueless. She kept telling me that solos in a cabin do not earn double points. She put me on hold for ten minutes and came back and verified this again. She said that I was incorrectly awarded too many points on my recent sailing on Journey last month . That sailing actually was correct in giving me the double points. I feel that I am in inept hands there. I did email LeClub Voyage and hopefully this will be corrected, but who knows. Maybe Bonnie could help too.

I think it might be wise to others to check their points awarded on this new webpage.

Cheryl

Cheryl, you made me go and check the points for my Celebrity cruise I came back from a week ago. Guess what? The points awarded is wrong, single points only so email sent. It’s really frustrating they get this wrong so often. It hasn’t been like this in the past.

I’m sure when you have the right person to deal with it you will be fine. It does sound like you have the curse of Guatemala.

Phil

Just found the reference in the website to solo travellers getting double points. Here’s the link https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

It talks about solo travellers getting double points just above the table of points for the different types of staterooms. I hope this is helpful in your discussions. It might be worth emailing LCV and including this link.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry you are having the same problem, Phil. I hope we get it straightened out. It is sad that we would need to copy and paste the rules to the Le Club Voyage rep , who should know them. Check your past sailings, too, Phil. They changed the points I earned on the two sailings in 2017 when they changed the website.

So in theory....solo guests can traverse the LCV loyalty levels twice as fast as a couple....or am I missing the point maybe?

No you aren't. They started giving double points a little while ago, recognising that solo travellers in effect pay for more than one traveller in a cabin.

Phil

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

I’ll share this thread with HQ and see what’s going on!

Cheryl, you made me go and check the points for my Celebrity cruise I came back from a week ago. Guess what? The points awarded is wrong, single points only so email sent. It’s really frustrating they get this wrong so often. It hasn’t been like this in the past.

I’m sure when you have the right person to deal with it you will be fine. It does sound like you have the curse of Guatemala.

Phil

Now that there’s been cross-contamination with the Royal Caribbean website, that’s not surprising, sadly. That happens all the time over there.

So in theory....solo guests can traverse the LCV loyalty levels twice as fast as a couple....or am I missing the point maybe?

Yes. Which is only fair, IMO, since they pay double for one what we pay for two.

Solo guests do earn double points based on stateroom category and number of nights; this is regardless of the price paid.

If a solo guest didn't receive double points we can definitely amend it. An email needs to be sent to leclubvoyage@azamara.com with the LCV details in order to escalate it.

Note, it takes approximately 2 weeks once a sailing is completed to update the points. Looking at this information prior to this timeframe might cause confusion since the system may not yet show the most accurate information.

For any query regarding your cruise history or points, please email the inbox leclubvoyage@azamara.com

Thanks, Bonnie. I did email them and await a response.

I took a look at my Captain's Club sailing history again today. It is again different than it looked a few days ago, in that it is back to the old way of only giving total points. I did print out the sailing hisstory that was there several days ago so I have proof of where the mistakes are made. In that print out, it showed points earned on each sailing.

Somehow, someone changed the points I had previously been awarded from last years's sailings I took on Azamara. The recent sailing has correct points. Hopefully someone in LeClub Voyage will be helpful. The LeClub Voyage rep on the phone was not.

Thanks, Bonnie. I did email them and await a response.

I took a look at my Captain's Club sailing history again today. It is again different than it looked a few days ago, in that it is back to the old way of only giving total points. I did print out the sailing hisstory that was there several days ago so I have proof of where the mistakes are made. In that print out, it showed points earned on each sailing.

Somehow, someone changed the points I had previously been awarded from last years's sailings I took on Azamara. The recent sailing has correct points. Hopefully someone in LeClub Voyage will be helpful. The LeClub Voyage rep on the phone was not.

We will get this straightened out!

And I apologize for the less-than helpful assistance you received earlier.

You are right! You know the answer.I was on Journey last month and b ooked a cruise onboard. I knew that the first day of the cruise I h ad crossed over to new loyalty level but they would not credit me the extra percent off until I completed the cruise. I had to then ask for it after the cruise was finished. Sorry

I am pleased to report that I received an email from LeClubVoyage rep and they have re instated my missing points! I checked my Captain's Club profie and saw that the total number is now about correct. Thank you all for your input. Especially Bonnie for her intervention. It pays to stay on top of things. I had to laugh though, because, just before that email, I also received an email form LeClubVoyage congratulating me on moving up to a new loyalty level and now getting the six free nights. The email explained how to go about using them. It did, however,, have my incorrect points on it. I am not worried about that since my profile is correct on Captain's Club website. It is re assuring that this benefit is in writing. The email was signed Nicole Lucas , though, so I figure it is an old version of this type of email.

Thanks again.