I'm a Cruise Addict

kdkstormy

We went on our last cruise in November 2017, I was going nuts not having another booked! Booked the Reflection yesterday for Jan 2020!

Even though it's a long way out I feel better now :D

You know you're addicted if you refer to your home as a "Port of Call".

You know you're addicted if you call the floors in your house "decks".

You know you're addicted if you refer to your bedroom as "your cabin".

I know I am also addicted, but I have not yet broken any laws to obtain funds to support my habit! Is there a 12-step program? Or is it a 12-deck program?

PS I have respect for the truly addicted who have made use of such support programs. Congratulations on your success. I am glad that most cruise lines continue to provide support meetings on board.

Never admit that you are addicted to cruising.

Don't you know admitting that you’re addicted is the first step to recovery! :mad:

Never admit that you are addicted to cruising.

Don't you know admitting that you’re addicted is the first step to recovery! :mad:

I am not addicted to cruising, I just can’t sleep if I haven’t got at least two booked....

I confess. I am a cruise addict and a redneck because;

I refer to my inside cabin as a "Double Wide"

On chic or gala nights I put on my Bass Pro Shop cap and my life vest.

I went to the muster station to spread a little on my hot dog.

When I arrive onboard I go to my favorite bar and my favorite drink is waiting for me, shaken not stirred.

When the Captain asked me when the heck am I leaving.

We went on our last cruise in November 2017, I was going nuts not having another booked! Booked the Reflection yesterday for Jan 2020!

If you are going to have an addiction there is nothing better and healthier than being a CA.

That is hilarious ... I've been caught doing just that, too!

It is so nice to hear that cruising is a big part of your life, even though it can be an expensive habit with an addition. That is the best part! Personally, I love Reflection, but others on these boards do not seem to agree, as some small things IMHO get in their way of enjoyment. I only have one cruise booked and just returned from Europe. I feel so blessed to cruise in an S1, unlike those who nit pick every little thing about their experience. There are so many people who will never be able to experience a cruise in their lifetime, so those of us who feel an addiction to cruising have a very special bond...but how do I go on if I cannot cruise for a few years due to family issues? I will make it because my glass is always half full and my personality is that I am one lucky girl! Enjoy the planning, as I find it a very unique and wonderful part of the overall cruise experience!

Not good enough you have to book at least 3 more.;p

So, you're going to be wasting the entire year of 2019 not having taken a cruise? Yikes! :confused:

Please help me, I just booked another one...............................................

But Celebrity loves all of us addicts, don't they? I hear there'a a big sale on Memorial Day, should I have waited or should I book another one then too?

I wouldn't call one cruise under your belt and the second one booked for 26 months later, being addicted. We did 4-6 a year and didn't consider being addicted as we've gone over 18 months cold turkey with no withdrawal symptoms.

I once knew a gent who was ninety years of age and in excellent health. As he got off his BMW motorcycle one day after doing 900 miles he was approached by a television reporter. "Mr. Smith, at 90 you seem in good health. What is your secret?"

"Well, Missy, since I turned twenty-one I've been drinking scotch". "Well, Mr. Smith, aren't you afraid of becoming addicted?" "No, Missy, I drink a quart a day and ain't got the habit yet".

Perspective, I reckon. :evilsmile:

Just wondering, OP, what are you doing the rest of 2018 and all of 2019? You need to feed your addiction, otherwise it might be cured and you don't want that, do you?

We are doing an all inclusive in January 2019. We’ve never done one before. Been on a bunch of cruises but never an all inclusive. As for the rest of 2018 we have a trip planned to visit family in Saskatchewan.

Having the cruise [emoji568] to plan gives me something to look forward to [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, you're going to be wasting the entire year of 2019 not having taken a cruise? Yikes! :confused:

Trying an all inclusive in 2019. Have never done one before

My budget doesn't meet my cruise addiction needs. Two months after our first cruise, I booked another. Two months after the second one, I booked another. They were early bookings, but my husband and I have agreed that we should always be looking forward to our next cruise. Nothing is quite as marvelous as watching that first sun set into the sea, tropical drink in hand from our balcony or the Sunset Bar.

Trying an all inclusive in 2019. Have never done one before

We are true cruise addicts, have cruised every year since the 1970’s , most years we cruise twice, but really like all inclusive adult resorts like sandals , love there swim up bars and no tipping all booze and food included and food is better than mdr. But entertainment is not as good