Does HAL still keep fruit basket in cabin?

dcsam

Yes you can ask your cabin steward to bring fruit. We asked our steward on the NA and he brought bananas, apples and pears every day. actually got tired of eating so much fruit. Fruit is also available in the Lido lounge and we brought grapes and strawberries to our room on occasion.

Watch out for the pears. We've found that we often get pears that aren't ripe and are hard as nails.

And I thought it was just me. I found I have to hide the pears because as soon as they start to ripen, the steward removes them and replaces them with hard ones! :cool::cool:

I do recall during one cruise, the day before departure the bowl was removed from the room, along with the fruit. If you keep chocolates or other items in the bowl, you may want to move them a day or two before the cruise ends.

And I thought it was just me. I found I have to hide the pears because as soon as they start to ripen, the steward removes them and replaces them with hard ones! :cool::cool:

I agree with you about the pears. I like "ripe" fruit, particularly bananas that many would consider to be too ripe based upon the appearance of the peal. I have had Cabin Stewards remove such bananas just as they were getting to the condition that I would soon consume them. (I know that the Steward was only trying to provide "Signature of Excellence" service, so I didn't complain.) Besides: do I really need something else to eat?

I do recall during one cruise, the day before departure the bowl was removed from the room, along with the fruit. If you keep chocolates or other items in the bowl, you may want to move them a day or two before the cruise ends.

Yes they still offer fruit baskets, fill out the slip and I like to personally give to the room steward. Great way to get to know him. A little communication goes a long way.... They remove the baskets I believe few days early so you don’t try to take them ashore, and keep you out of big trouble.

Have a great cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums