Tables for two

Grannie1946

ive recently been on the Balmoral and the tables for two were so close together they were actually tables for four or six. Can anyone tell me if this is also the case on the Magellan, if so would I be better asking to be seated on a larger table rather than a table for two.

ive recently been on the Balmoral and the tables for two were so close together they were actually tables for four or six. Can anyone tell me if this is also the case on the Magellan, if so would I be better asking to be seated on a larger table rather than a table for two.
We watched Magellan sailing out of Tyne dock Newcastle a couple of hours ago.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

What is your preference? We ENJOY tablemates...it's nice to have others to chat with, share the day's adventures....talk about past vacations....we enjoy that. Even if the tablemates are not "best friends" with us, it's still something different for us. Hubby and I work together, live together and we are now "empty nesters"....it's NICE to have others to talk to (or about!)....tablemates can give you many topics to talk about when you're on your own, too!

We tend to "get along" with almost everyone, so we have a good time. If you're very particular, you might want to be on your own.

While not familiar with the ship, many cruise lines have the same situation, with tables for 2 being very close together. We still think it works - the slight separation feels like it gives you 'permission' to be separate and not engage in prolonged conversation if you choose not to. We do talk with nearby tablemates more often than not, but if they don't seem to want to reciprocate, then it's easy to just settle back into conversation with each other.