Hump Cabin-Front or Back??

maryland

"Better" is a judgment only you can make weighing the factors. The two cabins are essentially the same (both have bed by the bath), with two exceptions: 8283 faces aft, and 8255 faces forward, AND 8283 has a somewhat larger balcony than 8255 (although the balcony of 8255 is still larger than other balconies not on the slant of the hump). (The balconies that are the first and third off the straight part of the hump are the largest; the 2d and 4th are the next largest.)

So, which matters most to you -- the view or the size of the balcony?

Enjoy whatever you choose!

"Better" is a judgment only you can make weighing the factors. The two cabins are essentially the same (both have bed by the bath), with two exceptions: 8283 faces aft, and 8255 faces forward, AND 8283 has a somewhat larger balcony than 8255 (although the balcony of 8255 is still larger than other balconies not on the slant of the hump). (The balconies that are the first and third off the straight part of the hump are the largest; the 2d and 4th are the next largest.)

So, which matters most to you -- the view or the size of the balcony?

Enjoy whatever you choose!

I would go with 8255 since it's more forward and away from the elevators and stairs. With the rooms being pretty much identical that would be my choice. If you don't mind listening to loud people late at night or early morning 8283 might be your choice. I would go for quiet. :D

We have ad both forward facing and aft facing and prefer the aft facing - more wind on the forward facing.

I never really thought that mattered until we were on a breezy sailing. It matters a lot!!

We now look for the aft facing slant cabins on the hump.

We also noticed that on our last sailing in one of these cabins, we choose a forward facing slant cabin on the hump on deck 8. The room steward closet was just beside our door. He was never the issue but seems like everyone stops to say hi and talk to the stewards right there. Celebrity's cabins on the Solstice class are pretty soundproof but this did prove to be a minor annoyance with that closet being so close to our cabin door. Just something to think about that I haven't seen mentioned on the boards before.

I never really thought that mattered until we were on a breezy sailing. It matters a lot!!

We now look for the aft facing slant cabins on the hump.

We also noticed that on our last sailing in one of these cabins, we choose a forward facing slant cabin on the hump on deck 8. The room steward closet was just beside our door. He was never the issue but seems like everyone stops to say hi and talk to the stewards right there. Celebrity's cabins on the Solstice class are pretty soundproof but this did prove to be a minor annoyance with that closet being so close to our cabin door. Just something to think about that I haven't seen mentioned on the boards before.

Our last sailing was on Reflection in a front facing hump Aqua class cabin. It also was right next to the steward closet. We never experienced the issue of folks stopping to chat outside our door, but did find that having the steward's closet right next door was a benefit. The steward always seemed to know when we left the cabin and made it up practically before we got to the elevator! Never had the issue of returning to a cabin before the bed was made and the bathroom cleaned. Maybe just a function of a super efficient steward, a great location or a combo of both.

Our last sailing was on Reflection in a front facing hump Aqua class cabin. It also was right next to the steward closet. We never experienced the issue of folks stopping to chat outside our door, but did find that having the steward's closet right next door was a benefit. The steward always seemed to know when we left the cabin and made it up practically before we got to the elevator! Never had the issue of returning to a cabin before the bed was made and the bathroom cleaned. Maybe just a function of a super efficient steward, a great location or a combo of both.

We were in a similar forward facing room on the 11th floor and found having the closet just outside the room an annoyance. Could hear voices and items being removed from the closet early in the morning. We did not find this location beneficial if you are a light sleeper.

I would go with 8255 since it's more forward and away from the elevators and stairs. With the rooms being pretty much identical that would be my choice. If you don't mind listening to loud people late at night or early morning 8283 might be your choice. I would go for quiet. :D

I have never heard noise from the elevators.

I found the cupboard to be a minor annoyance, we very occasionally heard people talking but the opening and shutting of the door was a disturbance, albeit we noticed it only 3 or 4 times a day. Never heard any noise from the elevator though.

I have never heard noise from the elevators.

We haven't stayed in either location, so I was going by what I see from the deck plan. Is there a wall between the stateroom door and the inside hallway? That would help with not hearing noise from people at the elevators. I know the elevators operate very quietly, but people can be really loud, especially if they are taking advantage of their drink package. :p From what I've heard, anyway.

I love it when people look for and find the positives! There is a benefit I never really thought about ... but will from now on. Glad to hear you had a great cabin steward.

I love it when people look for and find the positives! There is a benefit I never really thought about ... but will from now on. Glad to hear you had a great cabin steward.

Wish we had a LIKE button! True it was an advantage if you needed something.

Shouldn't have looked, but I now see that 9155 is available. Should we switch? It also has a 3x larger balcony but has an upper berth with sofa versus just a sofa and is near the front elevators. There are 3 of us traveling together.

Shouldn't have looked, but I now see that 9155 is available. Should we switch? It also has a 3x larger balcony but has an upper berth with sofa versus just a sofa and is near the front elevators. There are 3 of us traveling together.

The only advantage I see with 9155 is that you will be able to see forward better since it is next to the hump. With 8283, if you want to look forward, you will see the balcony of the cabin to the right.

• 1 year later...