Sub-threads

Ok us guys in Australia; have a lot more Post's & a lot more comments then the people from The UK; but they have 2 Sub-Threads. The pub & another. Should we ask for another or am I wasting my breath...

Ok us guys in Australia; have a lot more Post's & a lot more comments then the people from The UK; but they have 2 Sub-Threads. The pub & another. Should we ask for another or am I wasting my breath...

I had a good think about this and I really don't mind one way or another. Then I shifted my thoughts to <I> if we did add a sub-thread, what would it be? </I>

The main "gap" I have found is when trying to get information on Oz/NZ year round ships on Carnival, P&O and Princess. The Line specific boards have too much noise on US based ships, yet this board can also have too broad a range of topics. (BTW many thanks for you help in the Carnival Spirit Questions thread)

So my final answer is Yes - we need a specific sub-thread for Year-round Downunder-based ships in which to share our experiences and make searching easier.

Cheers

They did create a sub-topic for us originally, in line with the UK split.

However, after being warned a number of times about losing it due to arguments/flames and the amount of moderation, it continued and the forum was removed.

You could ask if it could be reinstated though.

I had a good think about this and I really don't mind one way or another. Then I shifted my thoughts to <I> if we did add a sub-thread, what would it be? </I>

The main "gap" I have found is when trying to get information on Oz/NZ year round ships on Carnival, P&O and Princess. The Line specific boards have too much noise on US based ships, yet this board can also have too broad a range of topics. (BTW many thanks for you help in the Carnival Spirit Questions thread)

So my final answer is Yes - we need a specific sub-thread for Year-round Downunder-based ships in which to share our experiences and make searching easier.

Cheers

Although I think that's a good idea and would even suggest one sub-forum per cruise line - Princess Australia, Carnival Australia, and move the P&O Australia one. However I suspect we'd end up with posts everywhere regardless, just like we have with port topics being posted here instead of instead of in the Ports of Call forum.

As stated we did have one when the boards were re organised, but it was heavily abused and became a plentiful feeding ground for trolls. It went the same way as private messaging ,which was also once on this site.

We tend to forget that CC is a commercial site that is free for us to use , and it exists by selling advertising .

Cheers

Maybe you could start a thread on one of the topics you mention. If it is popular (like the one on 'cheap' cruises) there will be sufficient posts to keep it coming back near the top of the list.