Pacific Aria Drydock - August 2018

Pacific Aria went in to dry dock in Singapore - 3rd August 2018

Here are a couple of web cam captures of her going in to dry dock:

Is this Pacific Aria first or second dry dock since she became Pacific Aria?? :confused:

Before she went in to dry dock:

pr03082018.jpg

Got some dry dock stuff loaded:

pr0308201802.jpg

Approaching the dry dock:

pr0308201810.jpg

Her tenders / lifeboats get off loaded:

pr0308201812.jpg

pr0308201813.jpg

What are they doing during dry dock?

Cut and paste from elsewhere on CC:

The Dome will be updated with a contemporary nautical theme. Balcony and penthouse suites will receive new carpets and outdoor furniture. Child-free retreat The Oasis, the gym and embarkation area will be refreshed with new soft furnishings. The spa will also be updated with a new barber shop. Pacific Aria will also have the line's Southern Cross livery added to her hull.

Cut and paste from elsewhere on CC:

The Dome will be updated with a contemporary nautical theme. Balcony and penthouse suites will receive new carpets and outdoor furniture. Child-free retreat The Oasis, the gym and embarkation area will be refreshed with new soft furnishings. The spa will also be updated with a new barber shop. Pacific Aria will also have the line's Southern Cross livery added to her hull.

Thanks for that :)

Anyone know why they sent her to Singapore for this, when they did something similar to the Jewel here in Sydney?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we are currently on the Aria sailing from Singapore to Brisbane ..

All of the passengers are calling this the "Cruise of Deception". The drydock was just a face-lift. .. New carpets in some areas and a new paint job at the front However nothing seems to have been done to the mechanics or to fix equipment.. They didn't even wash the windows as we have a cabin with a large window that we cannot see out of because of the dirt and tar.

A lot of the rooms have no AC, including ours. The spa is broken yet they continue to sell spa packages and then provide only 15%...when nothing can be used. The Edge activities staff lie about what can be done just to sign you up on the gold package to then tell the truth but state no refunds...

The main issue with the Suites is raw sewage coming up the toilet and pouring into the rooms. A few stated that the sewage comes up through the night, each night. clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

On this cruise, about half of the passengers have spent most of their first four days standing in line at the reception trying to get their cabins fixed. Most are not even now.

I didn't sail P&O prior to this, but took dozens of cruises with other lines, but the Aria and how the P&O staff are handling the issues.... this will be my last. This seems to be true for most people on the ship.

Hello,

We are not in a suite, but since most of the passengers spend time together in line at reception, we have spoken to a number of people who are in Suites. Two had the sewage issues and most have the air con issues. This is by far the worst cruise (and cruise line in my opinion) I have ever been on.

I would voice concerns with P&O now in the hopes that you can get some guarantees. When you are on board they will do nothing.

Hello,

We are not in a suite, but since most of the passengers spend time together in line at reception, we have spoken to a number of people who are in Suites. Two had the sewage issues and most have the air con issues. This is by far the worst cruise (and cruise line in my opinion) I have ever been on.

I would voice concerns with P&O now in the hopes that you can get some guarantees. When you are on board they will do nothing.

Now I'm starting to get worried. I booked the Pacific Dawn right next August after her drydock session on a 7 night to Darwin. Seems to me they can't seem to get it right after the dry-dock.