PACIFIC EDEN - Just returned from 7 day to PNG. AWESOME!! Thanking the staff :)

Cruiselkm

Hi everyone :) My daughter and I have returned back to Cairns after 7 days on the Pacific Eden for her voyage to PNG and it was absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, the weather prevented us from docking at Kitava which was terribly sad for the locals as many of us on board had donations for the children. However, the rest of the trip was just awesome. The staff went above and beyond for us and I cannot thank them enough for their sheer hard work and hospitality. Too often, I see complaints about cruise ship service however after 2 trips on the Eden all I saw were extremely hard working staff who do very long days but always have the energy for a chat and smile. Massive thanks to Adam Mark and Ruby at P&O Edge for their fantastic efforts, you sure made my daughter smile :) Matthew, well words cannot justify just how utterly awesome and brilliant you are! :*:* Our cabin stewards Rothy and Cazy, you work so hard and we thank you so much for looking after us! Neil, Shaun and so many others, you made our holiday just the best. Sadly this was out last trip on the Eden as she is being sold but we hope to see you on another cruise line next year. Cheers and all the best! X

We too just back from same cruise.

We have been on plenty of cruises and many ships over the years and can’t believe the negative reviews on here about the Eden.

The staff were great the entertainment in the many bars was outstanding. Some of the acts in the bars are better than some shows we have seen in the main room on some ships we have been on.

We were a bit apprehensive about going on a p&o cruise due to their poor reputation but were pleasantly surprised.

The food in the pantry was ok but we ate in the dining rooms for dinner all but one night.

Overall a great cruise and excellent value for money.

Daz

We too just back from same cruise.

We have been on plenty of cruises and many ships over the years and can’t believe the negative reviews on here about the Eden.

The staff were great the entertainment in the many bars was outstanding. Some of the acts in the bars are better than some shows we have seen in the main room on some ships we have been on.

We were a bit apprehensive about going on a p&o cruise due to their poor reputation but were pleasantly surprised.

The food in the pantry was ok but we ate in the dining rooms for dinner all but one night.

Overall a great cruise and excellent value for money.

Daz

Hi Daz, so glad to hear a fellow cruiser enjoyed it as much as we did. I was shocked to hear just how some people treat the staff, I heard people complain about a speck of dust in their cabin, a 5 minute wait for a drink and even 1 gentlemen, and I say that loosly, on embarkation very very angry with a lady at reception, yelling at her for the que of people waiting. None of us were complaining in fact, and all 3 computers were staffed so this man just made it bad for himself. I heard a lady having a go at one of the Adventure Edge staff for not listening to her. The poor guy was busy harnessing up her child and had no time to chat, he was ensuring her childs safety. My daughter and I loved the cruise and all it had to offer, and other people really need to stop complaining over a small wait. We are now looking at next year, needs to be ex brisbane. Have you done the Loyalty Islands at all? Any info? cheers

Hi we took the Eden from Sydney up to Cairns just prior to your trip - I agree it is a great boat - every single staff member was so friendly and helpful and yes Matthew was brilliant - unbelievably funny at times as was Christian - we had a marvelous cruise on the Eden , the food was better than expected - shows were good fun - I too cant understand some of the reviews i read but then again after seeing an elderly man going off at the staff in the pantry because the pork crackling wasn't ready some people obviously just expect too much and too demanding ..

That New Guinea cruise you did is on our radar for next year - unfortunately it wont be on the Eden.