Airline Boarding Passes

Marmaduke

I have what may be a very basic question. My husband, grandson and I will be flying to Seattle in June. Can all boarding passes be on my phone or would each of us have to bring along their phones?

I have what may be a very basic question. My husband, grandson and I will be flying to Seattle in June. Can all boarding passes be on my phone or would each of us have to bring along their phones?

I do not know of any airlines which permit multiple boarding passes on the same phone. If it is a reservation with 3 people on it, it is probable that boarding passes are not even available by phone; thus each person would have to have a printed one.

Welcome others to correct me if I am wrong.

I do not know of any airlines which permit multiple boarding passes on the same phone. If it is a reservation with 3 people on it, it is probable that boarding passes are not even available by phone; thus each person would have to have a printed one.

As long as everyone is on the same booking number, you can get all the boarding passes on a single phone. If on separate bookings, separate phones.

If all are on a single reservation, one phone is all that is needed for multiple boarding passes. However, while most major airports have scanners, some out-of-the-way places abroad may still use only paper.

To all the nay sayers about printing boarding cards.

1) The APP may not work on a multi airline itinerary

2) You do not need to have your passport scanned. The data is contained now in the reservation.

3) If you do carry on no need to check in bags. In fact the advantage is you can go through early before the airline counter opens for your flight and relax in the lounge. This is perfect those 1am flights when you finish a tour at 5pm and do not want to in the terminal. Have done this many places -- Brazil, Israel, Dubai, Bahrain and other garden spots..

Back to the OP pay the 25 cents - worth it.

2) You do not need to have your passport scanned. The data is contained now in the reservation.

Hi Paul,

Just want to expand on this point with our experiance a couple of weeks ago flying United SFO-CDG.

United had my wife's and my passport data on file but, when checking in online had a error message they could not check in my wife (no problem with me).

Come to find out my wife had to renew her passport about a year ago and what they had on file was expired. The United app had a feature that you could upload a photo image of it using the cell phone which I guess electronicly could take all the new info from passport. Once I did that I was able to check her in.

But, we still had to show our passports when checking our bags. Reason given is they needed to phyicaly check the passports were signed by us. Said specifically Germany has hit them hard with fines with passports not signed (and of course my wife's new passport was not signed...lol).

Again, just our experience a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers,

John

In my experience, they prefer one per phone. Also - desk agents have warned me, while printing paper passes, of the dangers of your battery running down mid trip.

You still need to show a picture ID.

I wonder how many agents - especially those abroad -would accept your DL for an ID.

Passport works a lot better for international flights, IME.