why no X4 on longer cruises?

SeaBands

They are offering it on our 24 day next year on the Prinsendam and that is selling very well.

Was offered on our 30 day last year. I can't comment on the Panama as our price was good when we booked early and pricing was going up so I didn't notice if they did offer Explore4 as I wouldn't have taken it.

I can understand why they don't offer it on the repositioning cruises ;)

We booked the Eurodam 28 day March 2019 Hawaii, Tahiti, Marquesas cruise while onboard in October 2017 while the 2017 Explore-4 promotion was in effect. Explore-4 was offered at that time when we booked and our stern veranda cabin was $7050 P/P. When we got home and transferred that booking to our TA, Explore-4 ended, and HAL was offering their "Cyber-Sale" which included prepaid HSC and a $50 beverage card. We told our TA to drop Explore-4 and take the prepaid HSC promotion. Our fare for the same cabin dropped to $5090. When Explore-4 started up at the end of July this year, my TA checked and it was not offered on this 28 day cruise. My TA told me that because the ship, at that time was 80% sold out, there was no need to add a promotion to it, HAL said it was selling very well.

The SBP is $1447 P/P for the 28 days, and we will purchase it prior to the cruise. So, with the $2000 P/P reduction in cruise fare by dropping the 2017 Explore-4, and by purchasing it ourselves, we still made out by about $500, plus saving $678 in HSC.

We do find the SBP always pays off for us on longer cruises with lots of sea days. This 28 day cruise has 18 sea days. We always come out ahead with the SBP by hundreds of $$$ on our cruises. Hey !! why not ? The captain is driving and we're on vacation !!

TAD2205 - your TA was incorrect as to the reason why Explore4 was not offered for your cruise when it came back this year. The range of cruises covered is for sailings between May 2019 to April 2020, with the (rather unusual) inclusion of 2018 Holiday sailings. If Explore4 returns in 2019 it will most likely apply to cruises departing between May 2020-April 2021. Princess does the same with their Sip & Sail promo - it is departure date specific and not driven by the % booked of a specific sailing.