Bonine? What is it?

laodell

What exactly is Bonine? I've seen a lot of posts recommending it for seasickness, but is it an herbal remedy? I 'd like to take something with me just in case of minor motion sickness, but nothing that causes drowsiness. Is this a possibility? If so, where do you find it?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;7;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Bermuda on Norwegian Crown

Sunward II 1991

Westward 1993

Norway 1996

Imagination 1998

Norway 2002

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Bonine is the brand name of an over-the-counter motion sickness medication. It also comes in the form of Meclezine (generic) and Dramamine. It is very effective for most people who tend to get motion sick. I prefer to take the non-drowsey formula, at night, starting the night before our cruise.

Kathy

I don't think that Bonine is a herbal remedy and some people have reported drowsiness, but I think that it depends on the person. Some people I know have had great success with Bonine and no drowsiness. I took ginger capsules on my last cruise and they worked very well. I felt great through the whole cruise.

I found Bonine at walmart pretty big bottle. Very reasonable. They have all kinds of stuff, sea bands, bonine, etc...

Carnival Conquest 8/8/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;08;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Carnival Fantasy 8/2002

time98.gif

Bonine is Bonine, ie, only one formula. Generically, it is Meclizine HCL. The generic versions are much cheaper. Just read the labels. It is great because you only have to take one a day. If you are afraid of being drowsy, take it before going to bed at night. It will just insure a good night's sleep.

I use wrist bands called SEA BANDS. They look like little scrunchies that you wear on both wrist and it uses pressure points to counteract motion sickness/

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Bonine is - in my opinion - a wonder drug. On our first cruise I tried everything possible - gravol, dramamine, ginger ale, saltines, but nothing kept me from feeling queasy and seasick. Note: I also am prone to car sickness when reading and driving through the mountains, on curvy roads, etc. On the third day of the cruise, my husband bought a pkg of Bonine at the shop on board and within 20 minutes of taking one, I was up and out of the cabin enjoying my holiday like I was supposed to. I threw away all the others and keep Bonine on my packing list. I start taking them the day before we sail and continue taking 1 a day till we get home again.

And no, I don't own the company, I just use the product! icon_biggrin.gif

Smooth Sailing! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Till Our Panama Canal Experience

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;02;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0330

• 1 month later...

Has anyone that currently uses Bonine, used the patch? I have used the patch on my last few cruises and suffered from the dry mouth, blurry vision and drowsiness. I have even attempted to cut the patch in half thinking that I would feel better. I was leaning toward the sea band but might take the bonine along as a backup plan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paroe:

Has anyone that currently uses Bonine, used the patch? I have used the patch on my last few cruises and suffered from the dry mouth, blurry vision and drowsiness. I have even attempted to cut the patch in half thinking that I would feel better. I was leaning toward the sea band but might take the bonine along as a backup plan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have used both Bonine and the patch, and will be taking both with me on our July 8th cruise. The only side effects I have ever experienced were a lack of motions sickness icon_razz.gif

I've read many posts of people that have experienced varying side effects, but the drugs truly do work wonders.

Mike and Mary

7/6 Flight to Venice -7/8 Millie Venice to Barcelona - Retirement Reward

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;7;6;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0200

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paroe:

Has anyone that currently uses Bonine, used the patch? I have used the patch on my last few cruises and suffered from the dry mouth, blurry vision and drowsiness. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We used the patch on our previous cruise. I didn't have dry mouth or blurry vision, just the drowsiness. But I think the drowsiness was due to only a few hours sleep, not the patch.

Conquest, we will be with you

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;27;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

I used the patch for our first cruise and I suffered from worse side effects than if I would have used nothing. Bonine, aka meclizine is a wonderful drug. I am a pharmacist and I used it in the past for queazy stomach or for rest. You can buy meclizine by 100 count botles for about $10.00

Archived