waitlisted for dining

jrobinso

We are waitlisted for first seating on our 7/25 cruise to Alaska. Anyone else have experience with this? We started at 194 and have moved to 17 but our progress has slowed down in the last few weeks. When will they assign us? Would it just be best to board early and check with the Matre'd as soon a possible. Would we offer him a "tip" for the seating assignment that we want?

Jan

:)

Tipping the Matre'D won't help.

All you can do is wait till you get on the ship and see which dining time you have been assigned. Then if you still don't have the time you want, go and see him.

On our last cruise there was a wait list of a couple hundred who wanted the first seating dinner. Very few of them got their wish.

One time we booked a cruise just a couple of months before the sailing date. Because husband has several medications to take, we have to eat early. We were wait listed for early. When we got our documents from our TA, husband was assigned to 1st seating and I was assigned to 2nd seating. What a laugh we had over that one. When we got on the ship, even the matre'd had a laugh and assigned me 1st seating so that I could be with my husband.

Good luck.

:D

I have only had the experiece the other way around - waitlisted for late seating. It has always worked out - getting late seating. I have gone to the Maitre'D first thing after boarding and have been changed..never gave a tip upfront, but took care of him at the end of the cruise as usual.

Good Luck!

Archived