How to Change Credit Card used for VRC deposit

AllTimeCurisers76

Tell them you cancelled the credit card? It was compromised? They are just being lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the quick response and suggestion, Just want to provide you the full detail and get you idea if the CC lost would still hold up.

I booked on 5/9/18 with deposit on my CC via a travel agent.

Recently I say a fantastic deal w/ Marriott Rewards cruises and transferred my booking to them.

However the Trip has to be paid via my MRCredit card. and my deposit is w/ AMEX.

VRC is refusing to allow me to change the CC used for the deposit .. Stating it's been Greater than . 60 days .

Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated. we are new w/ Viking

Thanks

Sorry, I misread the issue. You actually want them to refund a deposit you made a while back and put it on the new card. I had thought they were giving you difficulty over a final payment. The only way I could see this working is if you cancel the entire previous booking, lose whatever deposit is non-refundable and rebook on the new card. You may lose other incentives by doing this

I don’t think I fault Viking.

Sorry, I misread the issue. You actually want them to refund a deposit you made a while back and put it on the new card. I had thought they were giving you difficulty over a final payment. The only way I could see this working is if you cancel the entire previous booking, lose whatever deposit is non-refundable and rebook on the new card. You may lose other incentives by doing this

I don’t think I fault Viking.

I'm going to agree with gnome; I don't fault Viking. This is a 'problem' of your making and not caused in any part by Viking. The one you have to get to grant concessions is the new credit card issuer you are trying to deal with.

So, just how much are you going to save with this fantastic deal? If you do cancel your existing booking, you will lose any deals and discounts that were included in the package and you will lose the cabin that you have already reserved. You may or may not be able to even re-book on the original dates you selected. If you have taken out travel insurance, you may or may not be able to transfer that insurance (it is up to the insurance company). You should do the math before you think about cancelling and make sure that you won't actually be spending more to snag that deal than you will be getting in benefit from the deal. If the deal is so fantastic, why not use it to book a new cruise?